Epic Genius

Re: Purolator is the new shipping service?

I was wondering why my Ghostbusters Steelbooks had Purolator tracking numbers.

Now I know!  They should be coming some time today.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I hope the situation with Canada post gets cleared up soon!  I'd really rather not have my copy of Dragon quest 7 3ds sent to me by Purolator of all people come September.

Seriously out of all the potential options you had to go with Purolator is by far one of (if not the) worst. I've had nothing but bad experinces with them.

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Legendary Epic Genius

Purolator was likely chosen because they are primarily owned by Canada Post, but as a separate company are not subject to nor affected by any labour disputes at Canada Post.

From a business standpoint this makes sense because Canada Post will still make money (albeit not directly) from Purolator being used, and Best Buy can be seen to be looking out for their customers' interests by ensuring there is no interruption in service while at the same time respecting their contract with Canada Post as best they can given the circumstances.

That, and it's good that Best Buy Canada is supporting the Canadian company.

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Supporting a Canadian company is all well and good JB but only if said company was actually competent at doing their jobs properly.

They aren't known as PuroLATER for nothing.

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

For where I live Purolator is the best, it really must depend on locations, we have a purolator depot near by where I can pick stuff up, where as if its UPS I need to drive an hour to their depot to pick stuff up or I need to make sure someone is home when they arrive

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Drax86

It's the opposite for me.  I have a UPS depot on the corner where I live but Purolator is 3 towns away.

Having said that I received my Ghostbusters steelbooks today with only a minor hitch.

1 small box was delivered by a driver in the morning. The other small box was delivered by a different driver in the afternoon.

A signature was required for both.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Gold_guardian, a I mentioned above there is more to it than just supporting a Canadian company. That's just a handy bonus. The kicker is that the money spent on using Purolator is still going to mainly end up in the hands of the company they have their shipping contract with anyway.

The one is good business, the bonus is good optics.

JB

Legendary Luminary

So as I thought I just didn't know what I could and couldn't say.
Thanks Billy!
Luminary
0 Kudos

I hope everything gets sorted out with Canada Post soon. I have a UPS one block away, and two Canada Post locations only 2 blocks away. Purolator? Only one location in downtown Vancouver and they close way earlier than the allegedly 6 pm store closing time Also, with them it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll have to pick up my item personally.

Scout
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I normally have very little but praise for the way BB operates, but I must admit, the use of Purolator is a concern. Purolater are a pain in the a$$, because we inevitably have to go and pick everything up. I order a lot of stuff from BB and have never had a single issue with CP, but Purolater are another story. 

To be honest, I can't believe that no one has brought this up before, although they may have and I just haven't read it, but I have never understood why BB doesn't have a deliver to store option for their online customers. There are many times when items are available online, but not available at a nearby store and a deliver to store option would be so much easier for some people, than having to track to the nearest Purolator depot after having usually lost most of the day waiting for their item to even arrive there.

Most large companies that have brick and mortar stores which also operate in e-commerce offer this option and have done so for a long time now and as BB is such a large player, it has always surprised me that they are so behind the times by not having this option available as standard, let alone at times of postal uncertainties, such as with current events like the situation with CP and the new labour contract, and potential service disruption.

Come on BB...get the Geeks on the case and get the "Deliver to Store" button added... this should have been added a long time ago and now is a perfect time to get 'er done! ...Only when that button is added can you fully claim that you are committed to exceptional delivery of your products and excellent customer service, because to be frank, using Purolator isn't exactly what many would term as "avoiding the risk of delays"...Just sayin' Smiley Happy