Epic Genius

Re: Purolator is the new shipping service?

@RyanJarman @SecondOpinion @BBYBilly @pikachuforever @legoman1326

Hello Everybody!

It seems we are all going to have to be patient for the next little while.  

I tried calling Purolator's Customer Service number today about some orders that were scheduled to be delivered to me today.

I received some of the orders but not others.

Right away there is a recording that states that they are busier than usual and that they can no longer guarantee that items that show out for delivery on any given day will indeed be delivered that day.  I couldn't get anybody on the phone.

I even tried their live chat option on the internet but it kept telling me there wasn't anyone available to chat.

Basically they are having a hard time trying to catch up with all the extra business.

I was trying to let them know that one of my orders showed delivered and signed for but I did not receive it.

Their website shows it was delivered and signed for by someone in another town.

Also not surprisingly I saw on the news today that couriers are benefiting from the situation with Canada Post.

Pioneer

Just got it today so all good.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

3! 3 orders! All of which are now late, one by over a week, with one excuse after another, this is ridiculous

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Agree Purolator is a mess on delivery. The tracking system is a joke that keeps repeating the same information again and again except delivering to your door. Bestbuy should use others, it is hurting your business.  

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

This has been discussed to death already, there is no way to make everyone happy. I for one am happy with purolator they are the best where I live, UPS and Fedex are terrible so by switching to make some people happy they would be making others upset and we would be having this same post about the new company. This is only temporary anyways until everything settles down with Canada post

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

The problem is that suddenly these couriers are hit with many times their usual number of deliveries, and aren't set up for it. They also can't really adjust to accomodate it because Canada Post could be out of this uncertainty at any time and their business would suddenly drop back to pretty much normal levels. It sucks, but seems like it's the situation we're in with the Canada Post uncertainty.

It would be really nice though if Best Buy had updated their website and ordering system years ago, like a certain competitor has, where you can view only orders that are still unshipped, what's in them, and modify them at any time until they ship. Then adding a pick up in store option for pre-orders would allow for so much less hassle for everyone

Luminary
0 Kudos

I agree. I wish BB would provide a ship to store option.  As things stand with Purolator, we'll be lucky to see our Batman v Superman steelbook before August.  Purolator's inability to deal or unwilling to increase hours/workforce to manage the increased volume - it would seem not matter how much back press and feedback they aren't going to change their matter of operations.  BB conitinues to offer us great service but unfortunately, we are at the mercy of Purolator. We are just eager and use to receiving our orders in a timely manner.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

My package was shipped on July 11 from Ontario to BC. Suppose to be delivered July 12. Delayed in transit and status changed to Not Available. No more update until July 14 where it arrived in their BC facility. Status still Not Available. Sat there for 4 days without updates. On July 18, Estimated Time of Delivery changed to July 19 (Yeah!!). July 19, no delivery. July 20, changed back to Not Available. Understand the volumn increase caused by CP possible strike but over 10 days is unacceptable and they don't seem to have any idea what they are doing. This SUCKS!!

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

10 days is very acceptable (in my opinion), its typically 5-7 days from east coast to west (yes sometimes its much faster that is the average), so due to the work load 10 would be understandable

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

10 days for cross country mailing is pretty acceptable when it's standard mailing, but when the established estimate is 1-2 days and it sat in a facility in BC for 4 days then I don't think it's unreasonable for this person to refer to it as unacceptable.