Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Online Orders & Shipping of Online Orders

Hi @DonnaFleming,

Welcome to Plug-in! Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for your post, that's wonderful to hear. 

Which drone did you order? Please make sure you come back and let us know how you like it, what you've been up to and if you have any videos to share.

Enjoy the drone and thank you again. 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

Has there been any information on what is going to happen with online orders if there is a Canada post strike? Will it be switched to purolator instead?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @cloakster,

Thank you for asking about the possibility of a work stoppage by Canada Post.

In an effort to continue our commitment to providing exceptional delivery of our products and excellent customer service. In anticipation of the potential service disruption, which may occur as early as July 3rd, 2016, we have temporarily transitioned our shipping needs to Purolator to avoid the risk of any delays. Once the work stoppage concludes, or the threat of the work stoppage ceases, we'll go back to using Canada Post.

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Luminary
0 Kudos

It's great that Best Buy is being proactive.  Unfortunately, Purolator will not deliver to an apt unless an E/C OR buzz code is included on the address label.  Sadly,  BB online ordering system doesn't offer the second address field (like other vendors) to would allow us to include the additional information.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @cgmk,

We do have some tips on how to write your address on your order to assist those with any additional information, such as a buzzer. I've included a screen shot below if the tips, but you can also find them HERE.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I'd be more than happy to help Smiley Happy

Address_Tips.JPG

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Luminary
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy. I had tried that previously and always got an error.   This time I tried updating on an order that was placed within a month and it went through without any errors.  It would seem that older orders can't be modified online and I'll have to call in to get it changed.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I ordered a:

Sportz Camo 68"x70" Full Crew Cab 2-Person Truck Tent - Online Only

yesterday, woke up to a message that my order had been cancelled!

Call up customer service to be told that it was out of stock, and sorry for the inconvenience...it had still been in stock after I placed my order, so this is very frustrating.

I then called up again, asking to speak to a supervisor/team leader, to be told not to bother them as they wouldn't be able to do anything more.

I have been told the discount I had on my order will be honored when the item comes back into stock (at least something positive, however, wouldn't mind a bigger discount after the frustration I am experiencing!), so I asked when would that item be back in stock, and received a round-about answer basically saying there's no way of knowing if it will be ordered or come back in stock and to just keep checking the website.

I'm sorry, but I have better things to do (like work and sleep etc.) than sit on a website waiting for something to come back in stock.

Surely someone at Best Buy knows wether this item is being ordered and I can place a back order/preorder so that I am guaranteed the item I thought I was getting in the first place!!!!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @AliceHolcroft,

This does sound like a frustrating experience indeed. Smiley Frustrated

I definately don't want you to feel like you need to sit around refreshing the site waiting for a restock so I've reached out to our team here to find out when we'll receive more stock. I will post an update here for you as soon as I find out. I'm glad you have a raincheck on the discount. It's a really cool tent, I like Truck Tent's personally, that's a great choice! 

I hope to have some info for you soon, please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you!!

Looking forward to hearing back :-).

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @AliceHolcroft,

I just got word back about the tent you were inquiring about and unfortunately it has recently been discontinued in Canada so we won't be receiving any more stock. I'm sorry that I don't have better news to share. Smiley Sad 

Was there another tent or style that interested you from our collection?  I completely understand your frustration and am happy to help however I can, please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thank you,

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator