Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Reserve & Pick Up

I continuesly receive an error. I am not able to reserve anything online. That's a big probleme, i can't go at the opening to purchase exclusivity. The few last time with steelbook when i go after work they all sell them.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

what are you trying to reserve? Many items cant be reserved

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I tried with many blu-ray and game

0 Kudos

do you have a specific example?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I just tried to reserve the Martian and doesn't work. I get stuck in the screen after entered my location.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I reserved an ASUS Desktop PC on web last night and was hoping to pick it up in Richmond BC tomorrow. I did not receive any confirmation email whole morning. By the time I arrived at the store in the afternoon, they told me my reserve has been declined. Thus I did not get to buy it. (the email arrived at 1:00pm)

I am very deeply disappointed at the reserve system as the store take such a low piority on processing reserves (took whole morning), there is no point on reserving if it takes such a low piority - If there are clear warnings that this would happend then I would just drop by the store first thing in the morning instead of making a reserve and thiking it would be safe "within 24 hours". The reserve system wasted my time, brings great disappointment, and cause me to miss the deal I was hoping for. =(

0 Kudos

WIth it being a big boxing day sale, its likely they sold out in store before you put in your reservation so they would have had no Desktop to give you and that would be why it was declined.

Also depending on when in the night you put in the reservation, if it was after the store had closed then you would need to wait for the next day to get a confirmation of if it was reserved or not. Its not an automated system it takes a real person to check the stock then approve the reservation and put it aside for you to pick up

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

This outcome highlights the importance of waiting until you receive the confirmation before going to the store. Putting in a reservation does not, in any way, guarantee you will get what you are after. As these things are not done in real time, there is a lag between when you submit the request online and when the store receives it and is able to check if it is still in stock.

You shouldn't be upset that the item wasn't set aside for you, as you didn't wait to receive confirmation. If you had received an email saying it was ready for pickup and then arrived at the store only to find out it was sold, then you'd have a good case going for you.

JB