Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

This note is to all Canadians. Do not purchase in the US and bring product to Canada.

Do not purchase product from Best Buy in the US and bring it back to Canada. The Canadian Best Buy will not honour your warranty. Do not let any sales person tell you different as I have learned first hand . The product must be returned to the US stores. I use the term honour but it seems there is no honour or honesty when it comes to sales. The sales people will tell you what you want to hear, not the truth. I am very diappointed with Best Buy in both the Us and Canada and will never purchase anything from them again. My TV does not work properly and I must wait until November when I can return to the US. I bought with good faith and now I have a product that is deficient.

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle

Re: This note is to all Canadians. Do not purchase in the US and bring product to Canada.

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Best Buy community Plug in @cameronredwings

The issue of cross border shopping is a common occurance, as most consumers are attracted by seemingly lower prices on the other side of either borders, or overseas.

However when it comes to any Manufacturer's warranty, there are always stipulations that vary with each country, as noted on your warranty card, and since the distributor in each country is responsible for maintaining it's own warranty claims, the product must be returned to that distributor, or their auhorized repair centers, to apply for warranty service in most all cases, unless otherwise stipulated on your warranty card. You may also request to have your unit serviced by a local authorized service center, and submit the repair cost for reimbursement by the American distributor, if the manufacturer's customer service authorized such a procedure.

The fact that you cannot return or exchange your American product to a Canadian retailer, does not only apply to Best Buy stores, but to all stores worldwide. (this is a well known fact by consumers)

It's for reasons such as this, that Best Buy offers international Geek Squad Service Plans on specific items, these plans still involve having the item returned to it's country of origin for warranty service, but still provide the client with satisfaction and confidence that their issues will be addressed.

I am sorry to note that you seem to be having technical difficulties with your TV Smiley Frustrated

Unless I am mistaken, your bill of sale may include a Toll Free Geek Squad help line, (1-800 GeekSquad) with which you can contact qualified Geek Squad Agents on the phone from anywhere in North America, (You will need to have your bill of sale handy) to help troubleshoot light technical problems, this is free of charge.Smiley Wink

I hope this helps.

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: This note is to all Canadians. Do not purchase in the US and bring product to Canada.

Did you raise the issue with Best Buy USA?

Luminary
0 Kudos

Moral of story, buy in a US state that doesnt charge sales tax (eg OR, MT), stay in US long enough to trigger the 800 buck duty free level, (48hrs?), and bring it over to the AB border (5% PST).

Oh, and pay for it using a credit card that offers a doubling of maker warranty on purchases worldwide. Failing that, issue a dispute with your CC issuer and get a chargeback against the original merchant for not playing ball for a non functional/faulty item.

Imaging Science Foundation Level 2 Certified Calibrator. THX Certified Professional. Home and Commercial audio/video installer. DCS Member (Digital Cinema Society) SMPTE Member (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers)

"What does a LEDLCD Tv want to be when it grows up? ....A plasma!"