Pioneer
0 Kudos

Worst customer service I have ever experienced!

I am so frustrated with Best Buy, they have absolutely the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I have been dealing with this issue for weeks and have gotten nowhere.  When I call they will not put me through to any manager, they just say the complaint is being dealt with at head office. They won't let me talk to whoever is dealing with it.

I purchased a desk online the last week of February. The ad described, pictured and showed measurements for a complete desk. The description said "Not Sold separately" "Box 1 of 2".  I figured this was just a typo (why would they sell just 1 box if you needed 2 to make a desk?) and went ahead and ordered the desk. Well I received 1 box and when I unpacked everything I didn't have any instructions.  I called South Shore, the manufacturer of the desk and she emailed me the instructions and I started putting it together. I realized then that there was actually a mistake and they had sold me half a desk. On March 5 I sent an email to explain that I had only received half of the desk. The reponse to the email was that they would put a trace on the second part of the desk.

I called the next day to tell them that I didn't think they had even shipped a second box yet.  They told me the problem would be dealt with in 7 - 10 business days...which is way too long compared to other companies, but I didn't have much choice, thinking that that would be the maximum.  Well I called and called and every time, they told me that they still had up to 10 days to deal with it and call back at the end of 10 days. One lady admitted that no one had even looked at it yet.  Well at the end of the 10 business days, I called again, and he told me that it had only been 9 days (it had actually been 11 days since I sent the first email) He told me to call back the next day then it would be 10 days.  I called again the next day and was told that it was going to be sent to head office and someone would deal with it in the next 24  - 48 hours. So now it's been 16 days, no one has called or emailed me, other thant to say they were appreciative of my patience and understanding, and I have contacted them about 6 times.  Now today, I finally get my answer, they say they only sold me half the desk and that I have to purchase the other half for another $219, and that they will give me a 10% discount for my trouble.  Why on earth would they sell a half of a desk??  The answer is they wouldn't unless it was a mistake. They won't own up to the fact that they made an error and need to fix it, even if it means a loss for them.

I am totally disgusted, I would not have bought the desk if it was twice as much money, and now I have an unpacked half built, half of a desk in my office which has been out of commission for weeks. I told them I want my money back and someone to come pick up this desk. I have no way to return it, as I will never be able to repack it into the box. I do the purchasing for my Company's IT department and I have no intentions to purchase from Best Buy ever again! I have attached the ad for the first half of the desk.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Worst customer service I have ever experienced!

Well that's certainly quite the unfortunate experience you have had. Can't say I've ever seen half a desk being sold. I checked out our website and read some of the reviews, no one else had a similiar complaint, all seemed to mention the desk was complete upon arrival.

Though, sadly here customer service does not monitor this forum as its just a public peer-to-peer one.

Maybe @BBYTerence can help point it in the right direction.

Best of luck

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi @donnamcco, I tried to find the same desk from Crea, and this unit, is the closest I came to your picture.

As you can see, the price is different than shown in your picture, which is missing the product code, it does mention that it's shipped in 2 boxes as you describe. I noted each box has a separate product code, SKU 10370829 and SKU 10837830 , both of which are "Bundled under web code B0005503 .

Which SKU/part did you receive?

Does the shipping invoice indicate only 1 box/item?

I am very confident that this issue will be resolved soon.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

donnamcco wrote:

I am so frustrated with Best Buy, they have absolutely the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I have been dealing with this issue for weeks and have gotten nowhere.  When I call they will not put me through to any manager, they just say the complaint is being dealt with at head office. They won't let me talk to whoever is dealing with it.

I purchased a desk online the last week of February. The ad described, pictured and showed measurements for a complete desk. The description said "Not Sold separately" "Box 1 of 2".  I figured this was just a typo (why would they sell just 1 box if you needed 2 to make a desk?) and went ahead and ordered the desk. Well I received 1 box and when I unpacked everything I didn't have any instructions.  I called South Shore, the manufacturer of the desk and she emailed me the instructions and I started putting it together. I realized then that there was actually a mistake and they had sold me half a desk. On March 5 I sent an email to explain that I had only received half of the desk. The reponse to the email was that they would put a trace on the second part of the desk.

I called the next day to tell them that I didn't think they had even shipped a second box yet.  They told me the problem would be dealt with in 7 - 10 business days...which is way too long compared to other companies, but I didn't have much choice, thinking that that would be the maximum.  Well I called and called and every time, they told me that they still had up to 10 days to deal with it and call back at the end of 10 days. One lady admitted that no one had even looked at it yet.  Well at the end of the 10 business days, I called again, and he told me that it had only been 9 days (it had actually been 11 days since I sent the first email) He told me to call back the next day then it would be 10 days.  I called again the next day and was told that it was going to be sent to head office and someone would deal with it in the next 24  - 48 hours. So now it's been 16 days, no one has called or emailed me, other thant to say they were appreciative of my patience and understanding, and I have contacted them about 6 times.  Now today, I finally get my answer, they say they only sold me half the desk and that I have to purchase the other half for another $219, and that they will give me a 10% discount for my trouble.  Why on earth would they sell a half of a desk??  The answer is they wouldn't unless it was a mistake. They won't own up to the fact that they made an error and need to fix it, even if it means a loss for them.

I am totally disgusted, I would not have bought the desk if it was twice as much money, and now I have an unpacked half built, half of a desk in my office which has been out of commission for weeks. I told them I want my money back and someone to come pick up this desk. I have no way to return it, as I will never be able to repack it into the box. I do the purchasing for my Company's IT department and I have no intentions to purchase from Best Buy ever again! I have attached the ad for the first half of the desk.

Hi @donnamcco.

I'm sorry to read about what you've described in your post. I understand that you are already coordinating with customer service,  but I would like to escalate this issue that you have brought up.

I will need some info from you to forward along. Could you please click on my name on the side of this post and send me a private message with your order number and contact info. This is a peer-to-peer forum, so issues like this will be resolved by one of the teams in customer service. I can escalate this for you. I'll await your private message.

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Well unfortunately, it wasn't resolved, I am taking the desk back tomorrow, dumping it off at a local Best Buy store, and will never shop there again.

This is the link where I bought the desk:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/south-shore-south-shore-crea-craft-table-box-1-of-2-pure-white-n...

Nowhere does it say "this is only half a desk, you have to purchase the other box for a complete desk" wich would be ridiculous even if it did.

At their request, I'm returning the half built half desk I bought for $200, they will not be able to resell it, so they will have to refund my money, write it off and throw it in the garbage. So wouldn't it have been a lot easier and show excellent customer service to just write off the second box for $219 and give it to me free of charge?  Either way they're out $200!

Community Manager

Hi @donnamcco.

I've escalated the issue you described to one of the teams in customer service. That way, this is further brought to their attention in addition to the interactions you've already had with them. They either have reached out to you over email or will reach out to you over email. I encourage you to further correspond with them because I'm sure they would like to attempt to resolve your issue.

Whatever you decide, we, the community team appreciate your feedback, whether positive or negative. We always pass this type of feedback along so the relevant people are aware of what's being discussed. Sorry to read about your dissatisfaction.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you Terance,

Unfortunately, I didn't hear anything, so returned the desk to the Belleville store yesterday.

Best Buy missed an opportunity to provide excellent customer service and the name leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I appreciate everyone who tried to help with this.

Donna