Scout
0 Kudos

what is your price scanner accuracy policy?

I bought some DVD-Rs at Best Buy and they scanned at close to $8. There was an error with my card, and they rest the machine. Then they rescanned the product and it was $16.94. Isn't the lower price supposed to be honoured?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: what is your price scanner accuracy policy?

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

your situation is one I have yet to encounter. Unless you purchased the items on a different day its next to impossible for an item to scan at a different price within a few minutes from when it was initially scanned.

We would likely need a little more information as well. The first part of your post indicates maybe the DVDs were $8 each. Whereas the last part of the post indicates the total cost (all of the DVDs with tax) of the purchase.

Finally, the Scanner Accuracy Policy typically only applies to items scanned into a point-of-sale terminal vs the shelf cost. Since this is a discrepancy at the terminal itself it would be extremely difficult to remember exact amounts of prices. We unfortunately cannot 'make it close enough' when changing prices of products.

The bigger problem would be there is no way to validate it.

Hope that helps

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Highlighted
Scout
0 Kudos

Re: what is your price scanner accuracy policy?

thanks for the reply. yes it is difficult to prove unless the clerks I dealt with corroborate the details. Seemed like a fluke thing -- I had intially thought it was a sale price I was not aware of, or that I had read the shelf price wrong. I had bought one 50-pack of DVD-Rs (shelf price $14.99). i went to the checkout and the clerk scanned it, The price popped up as $7.xx. She passes me the credit card terminal, I insert my card and enter my pin. The card or transaction is declined. Another clerk next to her informs her she needs to rest the machine. After that, she makes another go and rescans, and the 'correct' price appears. I realized after I was paying the correct price, but I was just curious that there was some policy that the scan has to be accurate, so I enquired. Hopefully, it does not happen to someone else and the reverse occurs and they overpay.