Other Home Theatre

Visitor
Question18998

How do I hook up my VCR to Sharp Aquos 32" TV. I tried the traditional way and it still doesn't work. This is a VHS/DVD combo machine. VHS plays back like its skipping. Any help would be great. Cable goes into VCR then on threw TV.

How do I hook up my VCR to Sharp Aquos 32" TV. I tried the traditional way and it still doesn't work. This is a VHS/DVD combo machine. VHS plays back like its skipping. Any help would be great. Cable goes into VCR then on threw TV.
Contributor
highpockets

Do not use coaxial cable on a HDTV as it's the worst hook...

Do not use coaxial cable on a HDTV as it's the worst hook up of them all.  If you use yellow(composite video), red & white(left and right audio) the dvd/vcr machine will work better. As well both sides of the player will share the same cable so your tv only has to stay on one input and just hit the dvd or vcr button on the remote to switch between wich side you want to use.  For the best picture possible use Green, Blue, Red,(component video) and red & white (left and right audio) for the dvd side, and use yellow(composite video) and red and white(left and right audio) for the vhs side.  But now you have to change the input on the tv to switch between the two and as well change it on the remote as well,  but when you use component video(Green,blue,red) you can change the settings in the dvd player from interlaced to progressive scan. 

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.