PC Gaming

Contributor
hellzscream

How long does Futureshop take to ship

Hello, I preordered the D3 collector quite a while ago wondering if I could get an estimate of how long it takes Futureshop to ship and for me to receive the game? I live in Toronto where there are many futureshops if it matters

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

Re: How long does Futureshop take to ship

Your order doesn't ship from any of those locations, rather from FS's warehouses. Online pre-orders vary in shipping time with each release, depending on any number of things. Barring unforseen circumstances, the safest guess is probably that you will receive a game 2 - 3 days following the release date.

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
XL

Has Future Shop considered shipping the products the "day before" the release? This way the product arrives on release day.
Visitor
thumpx

I wish they did, and they should have! I have a friend who works at a store and all their copies came in yesterday. I don't know why they don't ship it early so its here on release day.
Trusted Expert
Atomic

You shipping speed would also depend on the type of shipping you chose at checkout.  From experience, if you chose the free shipping option, you can expect to receive it near the end of the week.

At times FS has shipped early and I have received games/movies on (or even before) the release day, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

The only reasons why they would not do this more often is because either (a) they didn't receive the product in the warehouse early enough or (b) they are not allowed to break the 'street date' of the product which could carry very hefty fines.

Very few, if any, online retailers guarantee release day delivery, so if getting on release day is important to you, make plans to line up for the midnight launch of D3 at one of the many Future Shops near your house so you can guarantee that you will get it first.

Contributor
Shimakaze

[ Edited ]

Just to give you a comparison: I preordered Star Wars The Old Republic half a year before the release date, and my order did not get shipped out (i.e. left the warehouse) until a whole week after the release. This was in Vancouver. It really varies among the different warehouses. There were people who did get it shipped on release date, while others got it a couple of days after. What I would recommend doing is going to a FS midnight launch and grabbing a copy there, then return the online order using midnight launch receipt at the store when it's delivered. That's what I had to do with SWTOR.

Contributor
hellzscream

In my order it says this for shipping dates

Shipment 1 Scheduled for Ground (Estimated arrival date(s) 03/24-03/28/2012)

This doesn't make sense because 03 is March shouldn't it be 05?

Contributor
Shimakaze

Those dates are pretty much meaningless. My guess is it's showing a default date that's a couple of days after when you first placed the preorder. Mine shows June 2011, which was the month when I placed my preorder.

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Drax86

the estimated arrival date usually doesnt update till the item has actually been shipped as Shimakaze said its likely the default dates based on if he had been shipped the day you ordered

Visitor
Lorddragonmaste

Actually I have had air-mail selected for months and it just update as estimated arrival as of May 18th.

Previously it had said

May 16th-19th

now

May 18th-21st

Dissapointing that even with airmail it is going to take them so long to get the order out.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.