PC Gaming

Visitor
houssam

Mass Effect 3 Preorder Ship Date

Hi,

I preordered Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition last week.

Is there any chance that it'll arrive release day (tomorrow)?

Visitor
dchso

Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Ship Date

my order status still says "in progress' :/

Visitor
houssam

Ditto.

Considering that most online retailers that I've ordered games from ship the day before release, this is kind of disappointing.

Visitor
RicketyEdge

I had a pre-order with (competitor) that I cancelled because FS sported a lower price. I am beginning to regret that decision now. 

As per FS website, I would be billed when the item was shipped - I was billed yesterday, and according to the FS website my item has not been shipped... and it is release day. Very disapointed in FS.

Really, what is the point of pre ordering if you don't get release date availabilty? FS estimated my latest arrival date as March 3rd and while I didn't expect the software three days prior to release on a Saturday, I did expect it today. 

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

Unfortunately that's just it. The point of pre-ordering online isn't release day availability, which is why it isn't expressly guaranteed. The point is a guaranteed product and *free* home delivery, which is always subject to circumstance. Not the same as pre-ordering in store for same-day possession.

Posts on this subject with every major release... here's one:

Pre-order 

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Visitor
RicketyEdge

Guaranteed product? It isn't as if electorics retailers everywhere are going to sell out in the first 30 minutes. ME3 is long awaited, but I don't predict it will sell in that manner (checking instore availability, it hasn't). I could have walked into a brick and mortar anywhere this morning and picked up a copy. 

I don't view free home delivery as a "special perk" of pre ordering, countless retaliers offer this.  

If this is the FS pre order experience, I will avoid it in the future. 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
JS

[ Edited ]

Hey gang,

Just a reminder that the community is not for Customer Service matter as stated by the guidelines. If you have any concerns about your purchase please contact our customer service department.

Keep it relevant.
For everyone's benefit, please stay on topic when posting in the Forum. This Forum is specifically provided to allow users and Future Shop Product Experts to share their knowledge and help one another. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, referencing Moderator actions, “bumping” a post unless you are adding information related to the thread, cross-posting your message across multiple boards or, in general, from posting on topics unrelated to products and services available at Future Shop stores.
Furthermore, please note that the Future Shop Community Forums are not intended for customer service issues. If you have a concern about your in-store or online customer experience at Future Shop, please contact us at service@futureshop.com so we can help resolve your issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

[ Edited ]

Sometimes it's necessary to pre-order online to reserve extras like Steelbooks, or CE's. These are the instances when it's especially beneficial to preorder that way, so it's the "point" of pre-ordering online.

I didn't say it's a special perk of FS, but rather it's just inherent to online commerce in general. People order online if they see a benefit to home delivery, such as people in remote locations, etc. So to that effect it can also be the "point" of ordering online. 

Since you clearly wanted the game release day, and you could have walked into any brick-and-mortar store this morning, that is probably what you should have done. This is the online pre-order experience, and given the circumstances and expectations you've expressed, you're right, it's not for you. Release-day delivery isn't guaranteed with online, free shipping pre-orders, hence the 1 - 2 week buffer in "expected delivery date" when you check out.

But hey, since it's easy to hit up a brick-and-mortar, why not grab a copy today and just return your pre-order when it shows up?

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Visitor
RicketyEdge

Just for clarity, I am not making a request for CS to resolve my problem on this forum. Nothing against the good folks that work in CS, but I find trying to resolve issues with that department (not just FS, but retail in general) to be about as fun as a trip to the dentist for a root canal, but no where near as productive. 

Walking into a brick and mortar today isn't an option. While I make trips to major centers regularly, I spend most of my time in rural areas. Will not be in a position to make an instore purchase till the end of this month. 

I will admit that my expectations of FS and preordering were influenced by other online retailers I've dealt with in the past (prior to this I've never preordered at FS). More than once, I went crusing on a major river system in Brazil and got the big fish on opening day, date promised, or prior.

If my experience isn't out of the ordinary and this is the way things work with FS and preordering, I'll simply call it a lesson learned, not harrass the good folks at CS who likely don't have the ability to aid me anyway, patiently await the arrival of my item (hopefully it gets shipped this week :smileysad:), and direct my future preorder needs elsewhere. FS has always served me well when it came to Audio/Video, cellular phones, computer bits, car audio, and hopefully will continue to do so.

Visitor
BrandonAtkinson

I too was billed yesterday for my pre-ordered copy of the ME3 collectors edition for ps3.

I have yet to receive any notification that it has shipped, even though my order lists an arrival date ranging from Mar 4 2012 to Mar 10 (Sat?) 2012.
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.