The Captain

Why do we still have to print out certificates?

Air Miles and even Shoppers Drug Mart have their points connected to their card so you just scan the card and redeem your points. Best Buy is a tech place but forces you to print out coupons. They seem to be pretty behind when it comes to rewards programs. Is this changing anytime soon? And why can't we use them online?

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Why do we still have to print out certificates?

Hi there @MacrosaC Smiley Happy

That's a great question regarding Reward Zone certificates.Heart

Although I am confident that there are other reasons for this issue, I think that primarily it's because these certificates are like cash within Best Buy's coffres, and must be accounted for when daily cash outs are done at day's end, for the accounting department.

Another issue is security to ensure that the certificate is used by the person it was intended for, and as you may already know, no change or credit is issued for any "remainder" of a partly used certificate.

These certificates are also governed by a time limit which would make "cyber points" hard to keep track of, and saves Best Buy and us consumers, money by not having to hire a 3rd. party to maintain these points.

If you don't have a printer, a Best Buy salesperson would be happySmiley Happy to help you and print your certificate in the store, all you  will need to do is log into your Reward Zone page with the help of an Associate.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Air miles and shoppers are different as you are redeeming points. Where as Best Buy you are redeeming a certificate, and just like cash they will need that certificiate in the till at cash out so they can verify that one was actually used

The Captain
0 Kudos

Reward Zone points turn into certificates which give you money off your purchace. Shoppers points skip the certificates and give you money off your purchace. Same with Air miles. All three are equal to cash when used at the participating store. Best Buy just adds an unnecessary step. Maybe I'm missing something.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

you sure about that @Drax86? Every RZ certificate is put into the shredit bin at all the stores i've been in since day 1. There is no way to verify if a certificate has been used or not without actually scanning it into EPOS, and we are not about to go doing that.

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627