Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Smart Lock

Currently I have an Okidokey smart lock, the company had gone bankrupt and has since been baught by a new company yet there has been no communcation and its impossible to get any reply from the new company. So as far as I can see the lock is now End of Life.

I have been looking at other locks and would like to know what everyone else uses and how they like them. I really want something that will unlock when I get near the door without me doing anything. Extra features like keypad or fingerprint are nice but not essential.

Legendary Oracle

Re: Smart Lock

I am not using any smart lock system at the moment, however I like the idea of integrating a smart lock with other devices, so compatibility with applications such as IFTTT and zigbee, Homekit etc.., can be a make or break deal.

Most all smart locks will feature geofencing, which senses your arrival and unlocks the deadbolt using wifi and bluetooth, as you near the door.

I like the August lock system for its features and build quality, from what I've seen and "played" with.

I think that the idea of using a keypad as either fixed on wall or carry as a remote is brilliant thinking on their part.

Highlighted
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Smart Lock

Thanks @Elico47 I too am leaning toward the August lock it seems to be able to integrate with lots of other Smart Items