Pioneer
0 Kudos

Why doesn't Best Buy honour it's gift cards from 2013?

Recently bought a TV from best buy in which I saved up gift cards to do so and when I went to purchase the TV I was told one of the gift cards bought in 2013 wasn't activated. I was told to call gift card services and they could help me. Well they told me that my $50 gift card was garbage and that unless I knew where the card was purchased BestBuy couldn't help me at all! Why is this? Does anyone else think this is right? And now after talking to 4 customer service workers they have all told me that best buy isn't responsible for a gift card with their logo on it... Has anyone else had this ridiculous issue? And why can't Best Buy figure out a solution to a $50 problem? Customer service is the name of the game and no one in this company will take responsibility!
Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Why doesn't Best Buy honour it's gift cards from 2013?

Its likely due to fraud as if its not active then they have to way to know that it isnt stolen.

Community Manager

Re: Why doesn't Best Buy honour it's gift cards from 2013?

Hi there @Harvster101, sorry to hear you're having issues with this purchase Smiley Frustrated

Best Buy gift cards can be found at many retailers like Safeway or Shoppers Drug Mart and it is the responsibility of those specific retailers to load/ activate the card accurately with the amount chosen, as well as handle any customer service issues that arise from the purchase in their store. If the gift card wasn't loaded at a Best Buy store, it would be much tougher to track it down as this is information stored in another retailer's system.

Hope this helps explain the situation a bit and if you'll send me a private message with your contact details, we'd still like to see if we can help you get sorted! Smiley Happy 

BBYJuby
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation