Scout
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

exterior camera for monitoring front door, linked to Internet. easy, dependable

Hello,

I'm looking for a dependable and inexpensive monitoring device at the front door, to monitor the entry both day and night, 

wireless, internet connected, reasonable price.  I only need it for this one location.  Any suggestions?

Community Manager

Re: exterior camera for monitoring front door, linked to Internet. easy, dependable

Hi @Kellyg - welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I connected with our home security buyer here at head office and they had quite a few recommendations. Which one is best for you really depends on your budget and which features are most important. Here's the full list of recommendations to get you started, and if you have any follow up questions around any of the products below (or others listed on the site!), please don't hesitate to reach out!

We have tons of WiFi connected options that are suitable for the front door security. All of our WiFi Cameras can be viewed remotely from your mobile device over WiFi (or Ethernet connection to the router, for DVR options)

1. WiFi Doorbell Cams – These are either wired (into existing doorbell low voltage wiring) or are battery powered, with WiFi. All feature 2-Way audio to greet guests, and have motion recording options (some have cloud storage add-on packages available for recordings)
  2. 100% Wireless Security Cameras – Battery powered and Ready to place anywhere WiFi signal is detected – Cloud Storage
    • Arlo Camera systems - Range from $249.99 - $599.99 MSRP depending on number of cameras (replacement batteries) – Motion recording, no audio
    • Ring Stick Up Cam - $249.99 MSRP (rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery) – Motion Recording, 2-Way audio
  3. Semi-Wireless Security IP Cameras – Wireless Signal, Wired Power (so works best if you have a power outlet nearby) - Many also have SD Card slots, so added local storage options
  4. Wired Security Camera DVR Systems – Most dependable, with power and signal running through wiring. Continuous, scheduled, or motion recording, usually with build in hard-drives for long-term recording storage and playback.
BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Scout
0 Kudos

Re: exterior camera for monitoring front door, linked to Internet. easy, dependable

Thank you for great overview!
Highlighted
Scout
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First of all what I would  like to tell you is that never go behind inexpensive products while purchasing  home security systems because the purpose of installing such a system is to ensure complete security .Otherwise what is the need of installing one so always go for a good quality product from a trusted dealer else you will have to waste more money in the future. Nowadays burglars are also smarter as technology is and they can easily break in through weak security systems and one more thing I would like to remember you one more thing  buy a security system  which has durable protection since you are keeping it in the exterior of your home so it will not be ruined by rain. I called up for Sleepwell  home security systems for my home as my neighbour has told me about her experiences regarding their good service and  quality product.