Software

Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Computers forum to get your questions answered.

Visitor

What do you think of the Eset 5 ?

Just wanted to know from the people who have used this new security suite, I currently have the 90 day trial of Norton IS running and I have seen the new Eset 5.0 . Is the new security suite better than norton now or kaspersky for example, i want something with a great firewall (not comodo or outpost), has esets firewall gone better? Thanks for all your opinions.
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador

Re: What do you think of the Eset 5 ?

What complaints you have with Norton? I've been on Norton products for decade with few complaints. Currently loving 360. Frequently at the top in magazine reviews.
Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Expert (Software)

Re: What do you think of the Eset 5 ?

Eset products are reputable, so you can't go wrong from a protection point-of-view, and their products are usually lighter in footprint compared to Norton and Mcafee (although Norton has caught up in recent years).  Personally I use Eset's antivrus/antispyware product NOD32 (not the full security suite) on my home server and laptop.

As to whether you want to switch from your current product to Eset is more of a personal decision; if you catch the product on sale and able to save some money, I would go for it.  However if you like Norton and don't want to "rock the boat" by uninstalling Norton and reinstalling with another product, then stay with it.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.