Software

Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Computers forum to get your questions answered.

Visitor

how to burn recovery disc for sony vaio

i recently bought a sony vaio laptop. i do not know where to go to burn the recovery disc. can any one help me?? can any one give me step by step help?
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Expert (Software)

Sony seems to have really hidden their recovery disc crea...

Sony seems to have really hidden their recovery disc creator.

Click on VAIO Help and Support, either on your desktop, or through the Start Menu. From there, click on the Backup and Recovery picture, at the top. Then, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and click 'Open VAIO Recovery Center.' From there, you can Create Recovery Disks, and more.

I don't know of any less convoluted way to access it -- Sony didn't include a shortcut to the Recovery Center anywhere else I've been able to find. D=
Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.