Visitor
All_G_D_Up
Accepted Solution

Black Ops II Pre-Order Shipping

Hi so a while ago I Pre-Orderd the Black Ops II Hardend Edition and the normal Black Ops II copy. I was wondering how long is it going to take to get here? I spent the extra money on the shipping so does that mean I'm most likly going to get the game on the release date or will I end up getting it 2-3 days later? Thanks.

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

Re: Black Ops II Pre-Order Shipping

It could go either way. Generally pre-orders arrive anywhere in the time frame you just described, but there isn't really any way to pin it down for certain until the game leaves the warehouse. If you live in a more urban area, there's a good chance you'll get it on release day, even if you use free shipping. The closer in proximity to one of the distribution warehouses you are, the better your chances as well.

Paying for shipping may help you get it quicker, but it doesn't guarantee release day delivery. That's more dependant on whether the game is able to leave the warehouse early enough or not. If it does, again, you'll probably get it release day regardless of shipping cost.

Express shipping may save you a day or so if the game leaves on or around release day though. Delays often result on Canada Post's end. For example, my AC: Liberation shipped early, which would normally arrive Tuesday for release day, except that I was unlucky and Canada Post held it for an extra day in Richmond, which means it will arrive tomorrow instead. Couldn't say for sure, but it's possible in that scenario that express shipping would have pushed it ahead to arrive today. But of course, that's all on Canada Post's end.

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Contributor
Jimboe1979

where are all the distribution centers?  Is there a list of the locations anywhere?

Contributor

I noticed that my credit card is being charged. Should I expect my pre order will be shipped soon? Ie, today or Monday? Thanks
Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

It's definitely a good sign. I wouldn't tie it to an expectation just yet though. Nothing is for certain until the shipping notice is generated, which is not explicitely linked to your card being charged.

Still a favourable omen though!

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Contributor
Jimboe1979

Canada post will not be operational on Monday November 12 to observe Rememberance day.  Does this mean there will be a greater chance that the preorders won't arrive the following day?  

**bleep** you Canada Post...if I have to work on Monday, why don't you!!!!!

Visitor
Heisenberg

If you check the bottom of the black ops 2 page. It even indicates in bold that the order will arrive on the release date. and that all you have to do is book a day off from work to get it right away. I have done that and still no black ops 2 in hand.

All you hardcore gamers know that pre-ordering is the best way to guarantee that this hot new game makes it into your hands as soon as possible. Pre-order it from Future Shop and we’ll make sure it gets shipped to you so it arrives on the release date – all you need to do is book that day off from work so you can pop it into your gaming machine as soon as humanly possible. And you’ll get free shipping on orders over $20, so you won’t have to pay an extra dime for this great service. Speaking of saving money, we’ll make sure you pay the lowest possible price for your game – if the price drops on or before the release date, we’ll only charge you the lowest price. Our Price Beat Promise guarantees that you won’t find a lower price anywhere else, since we’ll beat any price you find online, in-store, or in print by 10% of the difference, within 30 days of your purchase.

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Drax86

They will ship it so that it can arrive on release day, but that doesn't mean that Canada post will actually get it to you then

Visitor
Heisenberg

Well it is misleading having it spelled out on the website. They should take that down the part of people taking a day off from work so people don't waste their vacation days for nothing like I did.

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Drax86

I'm pretty sure that part was supposed to be humorous and not taken seriously
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.