Visitor
BeckyC

How to manually reset a PS2 to factory defaults?

I just purchased an AV component cable for my PS2 to connect to my HDTV. I was using an AV to coaxial adapter before with my old SDTV. The component cable was working with my TV but I went into the PS2 browser settings and changed the output accidentally to RGB and the source signal was lost and I cannot get it to connect back using component. I do not have the composite cable that came with the PS2 and I don't think it even works with my TV anyway. My question is, am I able to somehow manually reset the PS2 to factory defaults and get it to boot properly using component? It doesn't find the signal when I change the source to component but was working fine before using default settings.

Exalted Expert
roparadi
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

Re: How to manually reset a PS2 to factory defaults?

I've never tried this, but turn off your PS2, remove any disk and memory cards from the system and then turn it back on.

Once the basic PS2 browser loads, you should be able to put the memory card back into the system and then go to the settings area and just save the settings. That should overwrite your settings on the memory card (including the ones for video.)
Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

Visitor
BeckyC

Well the problem is, I can't even boot into the main menu at all. The screen just hangs indicating no signal. I am on the correct source.

Emerging Expert
Vinman

[ Edited ]

I did this a long time ago, and had to look up the answer - I still have the instructions in a text file.

Take out any game CD, and after booting to a blank screen (wait a bit for it to fully boot - 15 secs), perform the following actions on the primary controller (to select Component):

Down, X, Down, Down, Down, X, Left, X

This just emulates the keystrokes needed to select Component without actually seeing the menu screen (PS2 braille).

Visitor
BeckyC

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl. :smileyhappy:

Randy7

As this thread is now more than a year old, we have blocked further comments. If you have the same or a similar issue, we invite you to start a new thread in order to keep all discussions fresh and relevant.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the WHITE STAR to show your appreciation!
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.