Sony PlayStation 4, PS3, PS Vita & PSP

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Juice0904

Re: PSVita - First Edition Bundle Available for Pre-Order!

Your shipping method depends on what you chose at the online checkout. Did you choose the free or express option?

Where was there a promise of street date delivery?

JB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

Visitor
pointguard

I pre ordering the vita with a free 4gb stick will it arrive on feb 22nd at my house?

Atomic

Dionysus-Jones wrote:

Is it Futureshop's intention to have the pre-order in consumers' hands on February 15th?

No.

There is never any commitment on Future Shop's behalf to get an online order 'in your hands' on any specific date.  Every date only lists an estimated delivery time.  Nowhere does it guarantee delivery on any preorder.

Of course, it also does depend on which shipping you chose as some methods ship faster than others.

That doesn't mean you won't get it on the street date.  However, it is never guaranteed.

Visitor
pointguard

welll I wanted to pre order the vita with the free 4gb stick but they showing it as 2 seperate orders and oe order I have to pay 5.99 so thats not worth it, I want free shippping n both, I will just go in store and order one and get a 8gb stick for $30

Visitor
Dionysus-Jones

[ Edited ]

My game just shipped... but not the actual console.

Visitor
AngriestGamer

[ Edited ]

I am in the exact same boat. Pre order since DECEMBER.

Canadapost ExpressPost, due today, bumped till Monday. 

So mad. Seriously. What's the point of the pre-order if FS is late to get it Canada Post, and then Canada Post is incompetint?

First the 20$ off promotion I wasn't entitled to because I pre-ordered too soon, and now this. 

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

Sucks I know :smileysad: but that's just the nature of online commerce.

The point of preordering online is to ensure a reserved product, and obtain it through delivery, which is especially useful if you live in a remote area and do not have easy access to a brick and mortar store. The point, unfortunately, is not for guaranteed release-date delivery. 

When you check out online, and choose free delivery, you're given a window of expected delivery. Unfortunately it's generally anywhere from release date to a week after for a reason. Anything from late shipment from the distributor to Canada Post to Force Majeure can affect the window of delivery. Those variables are not the result of anyone doing a poor job, or reneging on an agreement, they are factors we all just have to live with.

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Juice0904

[ Edited ]

You've got to note, too, that the estimated delivery date is just that. It could arrive sooner, or even later than the estimated date.

Further, remember that Future Shop is shipping out thousands of the PS Vita, all at the same time. Each order has to be individually boxed, labelled, processed and dropped off with the shipping company. This process takes time, and sometimes it doesn't make the cut-off time for Canada Post to guarantee a certain delivery date. There's a lot of logistical red tape for Future Shop to go through before an item can be shipped, and while it might seem like an easy process for one item, when you replicate that process thousands of times in a two day window, it can get a bit dicey, and delays can happen. It's something you'll have to live with, and don't be surprised if you eventually end up saying the same thing about the competitors that you are looking at ordering from that you are about Future Shop in time.  I've never personally received an item that I have pre-ordered online on the actual release date, but that's something I have come to expect about the process, and now I only pre-order online when there is something that has very limited quantities and I want to absolutely guarantee me a copy of that limited item.  Standard editions for games I simply buy it from a store on release day.

As debaser17 said, pre-ordering guarantees you will actually receive the item, not that you will receive the item on release day. If you can't live with that fact, as harsh as it sounds, maybe online pre-ordering isn't for you.

Hope you're able to enjoy the Vita when you do get it :smileyhappy:

JB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.