The Captain
0 Kudos

Denon X4300H Availability?

When do you guys think you'll start stocking the Denon X4300H?  I see that some of the smaller Audio Stores in my area are starting to stock it, but would rather buy from Best Buy.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Denon X4300H Availability?

[ Edited ]

Hi @bisk,

Thank you for choosing Best Buy for your Home Theatre purchases! Smiley Happy

I have reached out to our Home Theatre to team to inquire about the stock availabilty for you, and sadly we aren't expecting to carry this particular model. Was there something specific you were looking for that this had? Perhaps another member of our community can suggest from their experience a suitable substitution.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Oracle

HI @bisk Smiley Happy

What speakers will you be using with the Denon AVR-X4300 that you are considering?

Have you considered the Marantz SR7010 ?

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hey @Elico47

I can't say I considered the Marantz line of recievers.  I've had Denon receivers for the last 20 years or so and have never had an issue and that's why I was looking at the AVR-X4300H.  I know that they are the same company, but looking at the Canadian MSRP for both the 7010 (2015 model) and 7011 (2016 model) it's $2700; I figure I can probably get the 7010 on clearance somewhere though.

I'll be pairing this with 6 B&W DM305s and a Paradigm Servo 15 sub.  I can't remember what the model is for my center channel, but it's a B&W as well.  I've also got a pair of B&W DM302s that I'd like to use for the Atmos Speakers either in the front or rear of the Home Theater.  Not sure which would be better or if there's a difference.  I did wire the second set of speakers to both the front and rear to future proof Smiley Happy

I can't wait to get this receiver and hook it up.  It's the last piece of equipment that I need to be able to get my Home Theater up and running.  I've got an older Sony Cineza HS10 Projector that I'm going to use while I wait for the 4k HDR Projectors to drop a little in price; hopefully they'll be in the $4000 mark during the holidays.

Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

Hi @bisk

I used to represent B&W speakers and I remember the DM305 and 302's.  I recall the Matrix rear baffle of the 305's and 302's. I used to own a set of 801FS many years ago *sigh*.

The 305's can be bi-amped, and I'd recommend this configuration for the front Left and Right speakers. The Marantz and B&W set-up should sound wonderful in Dolby Atmos configuration.

Although Denon and Marantz are distributed by the same company, both brands are quite different from each other, in design and resulting sound quality.

The Denon, being a Current Driven design, has exceptionally fast attack in transients and dynamics, but may fall a tad shy on soundstaging and depth of field, soundstaging and even lower bass fundamentals,in some cases, and has an aggressive top end, almost shrill in some cases.

The Marantz being a Voltage Driven design will have fantastic imaging and depth of field and lower bass extension, it may not have the snappy attack that the Denon has, however, with the new HDAM circuit, it more than makes up for any shortcomings of previous models with a warmer tonal balance.

I might have paired these speakers with a 10" sub (or 2), I think that the 15" sub you are using may start too low for the 305's, which may create a "hole" in the lower bass region.  (try raising it off the floor by 6 inches or so, you may note the resulting bass will be more punchy)

If there was another brand that I'd match with B&W it would be in the lines of Luxman, or other similar esoteric designs.

I'm saving up for Marantz separates for my older Celestion Ditton 44's, currently using older Luxman with them.

I am sure that you will be able to get a good price on a Marantz SR7010, even if it's a store demo unit, and I know that you will be happily re-discovering your music collection with this new receiver. Smiley Wink

The Captain
0 Kudos

@BBYBilly Any update on pricing or availability?

Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @bisk,

Sadly I don't have any updates or changes to the status I shared last week, it doens't look like we'll be carrying the Denon X4300H I'm afraid. 

@Elico47 suggested a great replacement, the Marantz SR7010, I've heard great reviews on this! 

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns and we can help you find something that will work for you. 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

This receiver has appeared on the website now.

Denon X4300H

No mentioned of the free HEOS speaker promotion however.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update @thespooler. I'm glad we ended up gettign this in.

I haven't heard about the promo though, I'll check on that for you.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator