Pioneer
0 Kudos

Horrible experience with BestBuy delivery

I purchased a tv online on January 4th. When I placed the order, it said it would be delivered on January 9th, and that there was no option for delivery because this was the fastest, cheapest option. I then made arrangemements to be home on January 9th since there was no delivery window mentioned.  Yesterday evening (January 5th), I received an email saying the tv had been shipped - and a link to where I could track with a note saying tracking would not be available for 24 hours. I got home from work today to find a notice from Purolator - saying I must pick up the item in Scarborough and they will only hold it for 6 days! I don't have a car or any way of getting the tv to my place, and the only reason I ordered it from Bestbuy for delivery is so I would not have to pick it up. I tried calling Bestbuy and have been on hold now for about an hour. I am going to have to hang up soon since I have plans this evening, but I honestly cannot believe that the delivery is this much of a headache already. 

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Horrible experience with BestBuy delivery

You should be able to call purolator and ask them to bring it too you

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Purolator is telling me I have to go pick it up. I don't have a car and the whole reason I ordered it online was to have it delivered. I got through to Best Buy and the customer service representative told me there is nothing they can do once the item has already been shipped and that the best they can do is have me wait for it to come back to them, get a refund and then re-order the TV. Since the date they give you for delivery is wrong and Purolator sends the shipping email and delivers the item before tracking is even available, I'm not sure how I could ever ensure that I'm home for the delivery?? What kind of delivery service for large items does not give you a date for when the item will be delivered so you can make sure you are home? Do they expect their customers to just wait at home for a week or two after the order something in case it happens to get delivered that day??

0 Kudos

The delivery date is usually just an estimate, if the item didn't say "scheduled delivery" then it just goes out with a mail Carrier and arrives when it arrives. 

Much larger items will have scheduled delivery which will be sent with a delivery company that will have an exact day that it will arrive.

Its unfortunate that you have no way to pick it up, however its the first time I have seen a complaint about an item arriving too early.

What size tv was it that you ordered?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

It was a 50 inch tv...it's the first time you had a complaint about an item arriving too early? If it said the delivery date was January 9th and obviously someone has to be home to accept a TV, then how is it ok for it to arrive whenever it arrives? I would have to just stay home until it does?? And second of all, it did NOT say that that was an estimated delivery day. It said your item will arrive on January 9th. What is the point of ordering a large item online if you have no way of knowing when it will arrive? How do you expect customers to be home at any time? This wasn't a small box that could be put in a mailbox.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello, @sweetiemcpie.

Sorry to hear about your experience and the long wait on the phone. Timing for shipping and delivery can definitely be frustrating. I have escalated the issue with one of our teams in the customer service department here at the head office. They will be able to provide further assistance. They will be contacting you at the email you provided in your forum profile. 

Please reach out if you have further questions.

Regards,

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

0 Kudos

I just had a quick look and the wording that i see is "Free delivery arrives by" to me that means that would be the latest day it would arrive.

I believe you need to go up to a 55 inch and you get scheduled delivery