Scout
0 Kudos

I need recommendations for a full motion wall mount for sony TV kdl60w630b/2 (300 x 300).

I need recommendations for a full motion wall mount for sony TV kdl60w630b/2 (300 x 300).   

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: I need recommendations for a full motion wall mount for sony TV kdl60w630b/2 (300 x 300).

Hi @josiec4!

I am not 100% up on TV mounts, especially full motion ones.  That being said, I did a search using Best Buy's mount finder program, and found that the recommendations brought me to the Best Buy US site.  Unable to find the mount that was recommended on the Best Buy Canada site, I narrowed it down to the brand (SANUS) and ran a search for full motion mounts by that brand on the Best Buy Canada site and found these three options.

I don't know which one I would recommend going with, but this could give you a starting point for when you are discussing mount options with a Best Buy associate in-store (assuming your store is close to you). 

I am sure other forum members will chime in and give recommendations of their own. 

Hope that helps!

JB

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: I need recommendations for a full motion wall mount for sony TV kdl60w630b/2 (300 x 300).

I have installed a Sanus 51" - 70" Full Motion Flat-Panel TV Wall Mount (VLF525-B3) it was super easy to install, however I don't personally use it as it was installed for someone else, so I cant say for sure how well the Full motion works

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

I love the full motion mounts on the hotels I was staying at.

• Screen swings out and tilts to wherever I am in the room
  • easy access to cables/ports when I need to plug things in
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in forum @josiec4 Smiley Happy

Nice choice in TV's Smiley Wink

As @Juice0904 mentioned, either of the 3 mounts that were located should work well with your Sony TV, which has VESA mounting standard of 300 x 300   as you noted.

The issue with full motion mounts is that, both Best Buy and the Geek Squad, do not recommend mounting a full motion mount onto steel studs, which are usually found in high-rise apartment buildings, nor in older homes where plaster and lathe is used on the wall.

Will you be concealing any of the cables connected to the TV? Is there a power outlet on the wall behind the TV's mounted location?

This Blog about mounting TV's may help shed more light.

Scout
0 Kudos

Thank you for the tip on plaster and lathe! That was my concern. No I won't be concealing cables. Power outlet is near where tv will be mounted, but near baseboard. TV will be on a brick and plaster and lathe old wall (built 1810). Can I use tilting mount?
Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yes, a tilting mount can work, although you may not need it to tilt, as the TV uses an IPS panel, which allows for extreme viewing angles. Also, the TV's pedestal base can double as a wall mount, using the supplied accessories that it came with, in this case it will hang like a picture. Please ensure that it's securely attached, by adding additional toggle bolts or anchors to the mount, I would advise against using the supplied achors, you may want to talk to your local hardware store consultant about this, to ensure the right anchors are used.

Alternatively, I'd recommend getting the Geek Squad to perform the installation for you, the work is guaranteed, and we're here to help . Smiley Happy