Pioneer
0 Kudos

No sound on Panasonic TC-P50G15 after disconnecting from Bose and Yamaha amp. TV speakers on? Help!

Bought a Panasonic TC-P50G15 Plasma TV, Bose Accoustimass audio and Yamaha amp system a number of years ago.

Now downsizing, just sold the audio system and amp; but now the TV's own audio isn't working (never tried nor needed it before). 

The menu confirms the speakers are turned on, tried on set and remote volume controls without luck.

Panasonic's website  support suggests going to "Help" in the menu and running a TV Self Test; but my menu doesn't offer that option.

The HDTV video is still excellent but we really want to hear what we're watching.

The connections are cable to set top box; and HDMI to TV.

Any suggestions and help is gratefully appreciated'

Luminary

Re: No sound on Panasonic TC-P50G15 after disconnecting from Bose and Yamaha amp. TV speakers on? He

I just read the whole 69 pages of the panasonic TC-P50G15 PDF manual and I could find nothing that might indicate why the sound might be misdirected... 

the only thought is try the "mute" button?

Legendary Oracle

Re: No sound on Panasonic TC-P50G15 after disconnecting from Bose and Yamaha amp. TV speakers on? He

Hi @David531, Welcome to the Best Buy Community Smiley Happy

You can easily reset the TV speakers by using the TV's Menu settings.

Within the TV's Menu, select Audio, scroll down to TV speakers, and using the arrows on the remote, switch to ON.

You can also check to confirm that other audio settings such as "Surround" and Bass boost, are set to "OFF", this will provide more natural sound from the TV speakers.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

One of the first things I did. TV speakers was "ON" but didn't help. Also, tried volume controls, both manually on the set and with the remote. Also tried different HDMI port; and component audio cables. Nothing works.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Sounds like a setting issue to me considering the way it was previously used,, however without being there It's hard to diagnose.

I can recommend a Geek Squad Diagnostic service call, which you can initiate with a call to the Geek squad at 1-800-433-5778 .

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Tried the mute. Didn't help.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Talked to them. Their suggestions were along the lines of a settings problem ie. TV speakers "ON".

They did offer an $80+ service call and / or to sell me a sound bar!

Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

Ok David, I gave it some deep thoughts to your problem this early Sunday morning.

I think your problem is that you have to determine where is your sound source coming from. i.e. if it is from your cable box and it is connected to your tv via HDMI, then make sure that your cable box supports carrying sound from HDMI to your TV and that your HDMI cable is the latest HDMI cable version that carries sound. 

Alternatively if your cable box or other source components is outputing sound via RCA jacks and connected to the TV, make sure that the TV sound input is switched to those RCA sound inputs. 

When you had an amplifier in the old days, perhaps the sound output use to be separate so figure where that sound was going unless it was HDMI inputs to your receiver and HDMI out to your TV.

Perhaps getting a sound bar might be easier as I discovered, to my surprise, that my Plasma TV never did have speakers in them when I moved them to my bedroom. 

Good luck. If you ever do solve your problem, post up so we can go "aaaah" with you....