Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

No sound on Roku

I have a 50" Sharp/Roku that has no sound . Sound works on tv channels but when I switch to Roku channels there is nothing but picture. It has worked since I bought it but when I turned it on today there was nothing. Any suggestions would help

Thanks

Bob1

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: No sound on Roku

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in @Bob1 :-)

I presume that you have a stereo system in use, and the cable box is connected via the stereo system's audio inputs? if so, In order to get audio from the Roku (Smart features) you have to connect the TV's audio output to your stereo system and disable the TV's internal speakers.

If your stereo system cannot accept a digital input, you will need to convert the TV's optical audio output using a Digital to Analgue converter , an optical cable (or co-ax digital) may also be required.

The Captain
0 Kudos

I have no stereo connected. It is just the tv speakers that are turned onIt is wireless back to my modem and that's how I get Roku channels. The picture is very good and it is set on stereo and not 5.1 as the book says.

Thanks

Bob1

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi @Bob1, Have you tried setting the audio mode to "Auto" ?

The Owner manual may help in troubleshooting, I presume your model is the Sharp LC-50LB481C ?

You can check the Sharp owner manual  here , for troubleshooting information.

From what you're describing, there's no problem with the TV per se, as audio is working on TV channels, however it does sound like a setting issue in the smart (Roku) function.

The Captain
0 Kudos

good idea Thanks I will try it
The Captain
0 Kudos

yes that is the model number
The Captain
0 Kudos

I tried turning the audio to auto and still no sound. I just tried unplugging the tv and still nothing. I will check the manual and see if there is something in it. By the way your link didn"t work

Thanks

Bob1 

The Captain
0 Kudos

I found the problem with Roku channels. All I had to do was reset the tv to factory settings. Thanks for pointing me to the manual.

Bob1