Scout
0 Kudos

Nvidia Shield Android TV

I am wondering if Best Buy will be carrying the Nvidia Shield Android TV console. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!

Legendary Oracle

Re: Nvidia Shield Android TV

Codename_Falcon wrote:

I am wondering if Best Buy will be carrying the Nvidia Shield Android TV console. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!

Hi there @Codename_Falcon welcome to the Best Buy Plug-in forum Smiley Happy

From what I can tell, considering that this product is carried at our locations south of the border (released in June), I would think that it shouldn't be much longer, before this product appears here. Unless it did not meet with CSA approval or other criteria, in which case it may be a situation of "back to the drawing board" for Nvidia.

Stay tuned, I have a feeling that @BBYJuby will provide some enlightenment.

Community Manager

There are no plans currently in place @Codename_Falcon but the team is looking in to this product Smiley Happy

BBYJuby
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer

Hi,

I am also interested in seeing this being sold at Best Buy. I know I can purchase it online on other sites (including a couple based in Canada) but would much prefer to pick it up at my local brick and mortar BB.

Here's hoping it shows up soon so I can use my christmas gift cards.

Gully

Scout
0 Kudos

When is this coming to bestbuy.

It has been out for almost a year now and they can't get it?  This is better then the nexus plyer.

Community Manager

Hi @space2001,

We are hoping to have more details on any incoming stock in the spring. I will let you know when I hear more. Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

Any word yet on when BestBuy.ca will carry the Nvidia Shield ?

It has been available on the Bestbuy.com website for quite some time now.

There is also an ongoing promotion at various retailers whereby you get a free remote with purchase; so will BestBuy.ca have the Shield in time for this promotion?

I would prefer to buy it from Bestbuy so i could use some Gift Certificates i have.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I wish I had better news to share, but as of right now we're still looking to bring in the Nvidia Shield Android TV but no ETA has been established. We always strive to carry the best products for our customers and this is one we're working to get in stock. 

I'm sorry I can't provide more details right now. Please keep checking back as stock status could change at any time. 

Have a great weekend! 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Any update on when BestBuy Canada will carry the Nvidia Shield that has been available in Bestbuy USA for quite some time now?

There is a new promo out where you can get a free Second Shield Controller with purchase.

It would be nice if the Canadian Bestbuy would stock this item in time to take advantage of this promo.

Regards.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Any news on whether Best Buy plans to sell the Nvidia Shield? You sell mygicha which is a horrible representation of android tv but not this?