Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Sony OLED

[ Edited ]

So I went in to the South Vancouver Best Buy store to get my cel phone upgraded. While waiting, I noticed that the new Sony OLED was on display, with the LG OLED not far away.

Well, the Sony's picture quality certainly got my attention, I've read a few reviews about it, but now I was witnessing the points I noted from the reviews, and to put it bluntly, I was mildly overwhelmed by the picture quality. I was expecting to see a marginal difference between the Sony, and the LG, who btw supply Sony with their panel. The difference was apparent, as soon as I tried to compare to the nearby LG. The Sony X1 processor was doing an amazing job providing a stunning picture quality with depth, colour and shade accuracy. I was wowed, the same way when I first saw an OLED, this is one heck of a TV !

I like Sony's innovative approach of using a sophisticated Transducer technology (this has been around for years), which turns the glass panel into a a stereo speaker system, however as it cannot reproduce lower octaves, a dedicated bass speaker is located in a convertible "kick-stand" that serves as a connection center and desktop pedestal, and attaches to the back of the ultra thin panel, when wall mounted.

Has anyone else seen the new Sony OLED?

I can't wait to see how Panasonic's OLED model will look when it becomes available

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg