Pioneer

Where do you like to watch movie?

[ Edited ]

Where do you like to watch movie? In theater or at Home? Tell any two particular reasons.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Where do you like to watch movie?

I prefer being home, however, I like the big screen for major projects like LOTR, or Star Wars etc.. Big Budget Special effects movies are really meant for the big screen.

Now I rarely go to the theatre, maybe three times a year if that.  too **bleep** expensive.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I've invested a lot of time and money into my home theatre so naturally I prefer to watch at home.

It's more economical if you already have a setup, and much more convenient and comfortable too.

The only time I would go to the theatre is for an event film, or if it is in 3D as I don't have a 3D display yet.

Luminary
0 Kudos

At home is best. Spending a little bit more creates a more comfortable environment, and over time, cheaper. And it really doesn't take long to pay for itself. A family of 4, going to the threater is just too darn pricey these days. Minimum $100 for 4 people for 1 movie (Between ticket prices, munchies, gas, etc). And with gas hitting $1.30, it's a bit worse now. Hard to beat sitting down and having a library of digital streams including netflix. So essentially, skipping on 20 movies pays for the TV, and an additional 10 movies gets you a decent surround sound system. (can slowly upgrade the speakers as money comes in) And, you can recreate the 50 foot screen effect by sitting a little closer. hehe. We also tried using a digital projector, made the entire wall the "TV", not as good as a high def TV, but it does look good when an ENTIRE WALL is the screen. (I think it was about 120" total)

That's basically how we did it. I don't mind waiting 6 months to see the new stuff. It's really not that pressing to see it "first".

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Although I have a relatively small tv, I do have a nice sound projector and living room furniture set-up. I like to be able to pause the movie or turn it off if I don't like it or aren't feeling it. Certain really 'big' movies with a lot of sound and action, I prefer to watch in the theatre- but only a few times a year or whilst on vacation.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I love to watch movies online. I have found few websites and also one subreddi. 

Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

I feel that I still prefer to watch movies in theaters or Drive-Ins (if you can still find one).

There is something about watching movies on a big screen that you just can't get at home. You wouldn't bring a date home on first date to watch a movie, even on your projecton screen.

You know you have to sit and watch the whole thing at a theater, no pause button for a snack or bathroom break. Also, you know you have to keep conversations in check, so as not to disturb others in the theater, so less interruptions from feedback from a friend or loved one, which means no rewind to "what was said??"

At the end of the movie, you can really ask " so what did you think?"

And of course the colour is perfect at a theater, just like it would be on your ISF calibrated TV/Projector, needless to say so is the sound.

I think the food and service may be better and cheaper at home, but there's something nicer about getting dressed up and "going out to the movies. "

Watching movies on-line is a great way to save money, however I find that it compromises the picture quality, in comparison to a Blu-Ray, and unless my router and modem are up to date, there are times when a streaming signal can be interrupted or become unstable which will cause problems with the picture or sound.

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

As there was fewer movies for $1 or $2 at theatres.... I have gravited to home...

• no gas expenses
  • no parking hassles
  • time savings in not leaving the house
  • watch at MY TIME when it's convenient... hit the pause button for bathroom breaks
  • closed caption
  • 5.1 surround
  • can watch the movie over and over again

Perhaps in recent years the biggest change for me is Telus Optik video on demand.... along with Movie Central.

• 3D on some movies
  • same day release as Blu-Rays
  • cheaper than optical media, though I miss the bonus content.
  • no more media to store and movies are cheaper than on optical disk