TV

Contributor
znz212

Green Vertical line on LCD

I've have my TV (Sharp Aquos LC37D43U) for a few months now and it's been working fantastic.  Just today, though, there is a green vertical line down the middle of the screen.  Is there any easy way to fix it or reset the TV. I'm guessing not, but I was hoping.... The TV and screen has been handled like gold so I have no idea why this has started.  Is it best to talk to Sharp, or do I call Future Shop since I just got it in Feb?  Thanks for any suggestions
Emerging Expert
osmonde

green line

have you checked all the connetions to the tv and if the reciver that is sending the singnal is set right

znz212 wrote:
I've have my TV (Sharp Aquos LC37D43U) for a few months now and it's been working fantastic.  Just today, though, there is a green vertical line down the middle of the screen.  Is there any easy way to fix it or reset the TV. I'm guessing not, but I was hoping.... The TV and screen has been handled like gold so I have no idea why this has started.  Is it best to talk to Sharp, or do I call Future Shop since I just got it in Feb?  Thanks for any suggestions

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Expert (TV)
3M_3TI8

What source are you using?   This can occur with HD sourc...

[ Edited ]
What "source" are you using?

This can occur with HD sources/BluRay and can happen during the up/down conversion process. Try setting "your source" and TV to match. 720p usually works.

Could also be a faulty or cheap (no offense) HDMI cable...

Message Edited by 3M_3TI8 on 07-13-2008 11:33 AM
Contributor
znz212

Sorry to bump this but it's happening again.  It happens...

Sorry to bump this but it's happening again.  It happens on all inputs (HDMI, Component, Composite), so it definitely appears to be the TV.  Last time it happened, I tapped the frame of the TV below the line and it went away.  Now a few months later, it's back.

I talked to Sharp and they sent someone from the local authorized service centre.  He's saying they have to replace the LCD panel itself (which is still covered under warranty).

I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about them putting in a lower quality LCD panel.  Has anyone had any experience with something like this?

Visitor
Strontium

I had this happen with my 40'' Samsung, a week after I bo...

[ Edited ]

I had this happen with my 40'' Samsung, a week after I bought it.  My line was purple, then blue, and sometimes red.  It's the panel.  It needs to be replaced.

If you're worried about recieving an inferior panel replacement, you might consider returning the set where you purchased it for an exchange.  However, with Samsung at least, they used a Samsung panel and it has been flawless since the replacement.

Message Edited by Strontium on 02-04-2009 06:40 PM
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Expert (TV)
Snapshot

When a replacement is needed, the current unit should be...

When a replacement is needed, the current unit should be replaced with the same unit or better, never a lower unit. I mean specs, if its a 1080p unit, they will replace it with a 1080p unit.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.