TV

Contributor
slimmer1972

Re: How to Calibrate Your HDTV

This site is my bible for calibration. Pretty tech-heavy, but do a search and you can probably find one specific to the HDTV you purchased. 

AVSFORUMS

Emerging Expert
SOUND_DYNAMICS

I can't stand AVS. Out of every 1 guy who really knows what he is talking about, you have about 50 who PRETEND to know what they are talking about.
Emerging Expert
boyd

I've tried a couple of calibrations from this site for my sony XBR4 52". the ones i stuck with made my picture great and it only took me 5 mins instead of 3 hours with a disc of my own.

Recognized Expert
Evan_H

FYI: "Sony Pictures Classics" Blu-Ray discs include hidden calibration patterns to adjusting your HDTV. From the movie's main menu, enter 7-6-6-9-Enter on your remote control.

Visitor
bwheeler7

Re: Everything you need to know about calibration is in this...

Some TVs (e.g. Plasma) will have a break-in period where the picture characteristics will change over time. So, if you get a technician to calibrate your brand new set, it may need to be redone after the break-in period.

Visitor
Mariane

Or have a professionally trained futureshop employee calibrate your tv for you. Only $299, available starting July 9, 2009.
Trusted Expert
Expert (TV)
Juice0904

For some, spending another $299 is not in their budget when they buy a TV, or if they want that service, they will have to settle for a lower quality TV than what they really want.  I think a guide on how to calibrate it yourself is a great thing to have :smileyhappy: 

JB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

Emerging Expert
Tristan_Helms

Yea, I wouldn't pay $299 for a calibration when its something that you can obtain instructions on how to do for free through useful tech forums like this.

Some things are worth professional help, but others aren't.  Use the $299 to buy a better TV if you have it floating around

Recognized Expert
vhillel

Paying 299$ seems a little dumb on a 500$ television, but when you buy something worth over 2000$, you expect to have the best picture you can when you will be using your television.  Sure you can calibrate your televison yourself at some point.  A certified professionnal will be able to calibrate it for you and will be able to calibrate things you don't even have access to. 

Visitor
pacman77

Re: Everything you need to know about calibration is in this...

[ Edited ]

this is a great idea and never even considered getting it professionally done,most people probably do not get the best from their expensive TVs,our friends TV is big and expensive its picture also looks bad, probably just needs a tune up will pass that advice along.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.