TV

Visitor
phinx404

Samsung LN52A850 - Red Vertical Line

2.5yrs old LCD Samsung 8 series with a 4yr PSP on it. Already called and tech is coming Friday to check it out.  I'm just trying to educate myself a little on it with your advice/info. 

Over the past 3-4months I have begun to notice a red vertical line running down the right side of the screen about a pixel wide.  It been hit and miss when I turn it on until the past week when it does it almost evertime its turned on and now seems to be about 1/8" wide.  After 5-10 even up to 20mins before it goes away.  What's the cause of this, is it fixable or do they just replace the unit?

Appreciate the info and feedback you all give.  Thanks!

If I'm missing more info please ask and I will do my best to help fill in the gaps.

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Expert (TV)
3M_3TI8

Re: Samsung LN52A850 - Red Vertical Line

It's a very common problem actually. Could either be the LCD panel or possibly the video board.    

Depending on the cost of the repair, it'll be fixed or replaced. If it is the panel, they'll likely replace the TV as the panel itself costs 2 to 3 times as much as the TV itself. And Samsung no longer has 52" TV's so you'll get a 55" instead. :smileywink:

Visitor
phinx404

thanks!  i do appreciate the info.  the repair guy said that the panel is faulty.  he would submit the paper work and i guess i have to wait to hear what they say.  i hate the fact i bought a samsung 8 series and ill probably end up with crappy equal specs unit of today.  least i can pay the difference to upgrade.  mind you the upgrade fee will probably be same amount they are going to give me for the tv.

Visitor
phinx404

well seems they opted to replace the main parts of the panel.  tech is coming tomorrow.  brutal how long it from point of call until fixed.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.