TV

Visitor
victorsequeira
Accepted Solution

Why is Samsung TV browser crashing all the time?

Hi,

I purchased the 46 inch Samsung UN46ES6820FXZC 3D Smart TV in Edmonton, Canada (purchased in Futureshop). My current firmware is uptodate for this TV (its 001016).

There are 2 main issues for me:

I brought this TV only so that I could use the browser. However, within a couple of minutes, the browser crashes with the following message "Your last browser session ended unexpectedly. Restore last session? Or go to home page?". There are 2 buttons labelled "Restore last session" and "Go to home page" to perform 1 of the 2 options. I thought bandwidth could be the issue since Samsung recommends 10 Mbps. But I currently have 20 Mbps connection and have been consistently getting between 16-17 Mbps. Also, when the Futureshop salesperson told me to check a couple of TVs in the showroom, all of them had the same error message coming up on launching the Web Browser. (I checked 3 TVs).

2) When using Samsung AllShare, I get the error message "Device disconnected: Device name <<displays my device name>>".

The workaround is to connect a Laptop to the TV and use HDMI. But then this defeats the very purpose of a SMART TV. Can someone, especially a Samsung rep, give me information. I would have attached a scanned copy of the error message but there is no such option to do so.

Thanks,

Victor.

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Drax86

Re: Why is Samsung TV browser crashing all the time?

It sounds like it could be a problem with that model of TV, you could contact the manufacture and see if they have a fix for it, or if your within your return period you could return it for a different make or model of TV

Visitor
Tolga

Hi i have the same problem with the same tv. Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks & regards

Visitor
strategus

Also having this problem here.

Have returned 2 sets already, currently on the 3rd...

I'm inclined to believe it's not a random flaw, but intead that every set must have this problem!

Really want to keep this TV, but not if I can't stay connected to my LAN for more than 15-20 min at a time.

Help!!!

Drax86

Have you contacted the manufacture?
XL

Are there specific sites that cause problems?

• Are they sites that have movies or tv shows?  Flash?  Java?
  • Does this site cause problems?
Visitor
strategus

Just got off the phone with a Samsung rep about the "device disconnected" issue.

Told her I've returned 2 sets already, am currently on my 3rd... all the sets work fine for a few days, then the DLNA starts disconnecting about 20-30 min into a movie... streaming it across my LAN from my PC... no other devices have this probelm, etc.

Her response -- "Sir, if you're on your 3rd TV set, the problem isn't with the TV. It's with your network! Try assigning a static IP address."

<facepalm>

I told her I had already tried that and it still does it. Plus, out of desparation, I went out an dropped $180 on a brand new DLNA certified Linksys 6500 router thinking that might be the problem.

She said this wasn't a "known issue", so it must be unique to me. I told her there's lots of people on the internet with this problem (just search for "samsung tv device disconnected" and you'll see all kinds of frustrated people in the same boat.)

So, now I've been promised an escallated response an investigation within 48 hours (business days).

My suspicion? Firmware is buggy around handling DLNA services.

Visitor
strategus

An update of sorts on the Device Disconnected error...

Found someone on the 'net with the same problem. Their issue was that their PC was connected to the LAN via BOTH the wifi and wired.

Mine was, also.

After disabling the wifi adaptor on my PC, things seem to be working fine for me. Been over an hour of streaming without a disconnection, fingers crossed.

As suspected, it's buggy Samsung firmware!!! No other device, tablet, game console, etc. on my network has ever cared that I was connected to LAN in 2 different ways!

Drax86

[ Edited ]

Great to hear you got it figured out

Visitor
Sathaan

Hi, I bought a samsung LED 40 inch smart TVUA40ES5500M which has a wireless dongle coming with the TV. I am connected to my Lan network via this. But when I start to watch any video using the web browser after 2 or 3 minutes the browser crashes with the error massage saying that there is not enough memory, options available are go to home page or restore last session. I contacted samsung customer care and it was the worst experience I got from a customer service. The customer service representetive told me to hold for 5 minutes for hime to download the manual and then finally he said there is nothing saying about the brower related things. He just confirmed that I have got the latest version of firmwire and the browser.

Has anyone got any kind of solution for this? Please share if you have got afix for this issue.

Thanks

Jo

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.