Tech Blog

10 Reasons to Buy Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2

by Blogger ‎09-23-2012 09:53 AM - edited ‎09-23-2012 09:58 AM

fv30X.jpeg

With Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 only a few weeks away, I'm sure there are many of you counting down the days for this new release.  At the same time I can see how there may be some of you a little reluctant to make the purchase -- with this being developer Game Freaks' first sequel in the longtime series, what changes could there possibly be in the Unova region?  Actually, there's plenty!  Aside from the whole new story, there's lots to look forward to.  

Earlier this week, I offered you a teaser of what's to come, but today I want to offer you with something more substantial. To pump you up for the new release, below is a list of all the big new changes any Pokémon enthusiast needs to check out!

New Pokémon: Well, maybe not new per se (although there are a few legendary newcomers), but some old pokémon that never made an appearance in Pokémon Black and White are joining the foray.  I remember when I first played Black/White I was a little disappointed with the lack of familiar faces (I'm nostalgic at heart).  

While I eventually got used to the new cast, I always hoped those oldies would somehow make a comeback.  Now they have.  There are several 1st through 4th generation pokémon that will be making their debut in the Unova region so keep your eyes peeled!  

bYfgY.jpeg

Catch Up With Old Friends: Since you'll be revisiting Unova region, it's safe to say you'll be reacquainting yourself with some familiar faces along the way.  Right from the get-go characters like Bianca and Cheren, friends and rivals of the previous game's hero, will make an appearance and have grown a lot since your last visit.  There will be plenty of other familiar faces on your journey, some for the better and some for the worse, so stay tuned for some interesting surprises.  

Unova Link: Unova Link is an innovative new feature that gives you full customization of your Pokémon experience.  As you play, you can discover new links, which give you full access to new features.  Here they are: 

Key Link - This is the first link system in the game and allows you to connect            

between games. It also allows you to unlock keys which give you a variety of new

new features in-game (and, for the first time in the series, offers an "easy mode"

and "hard mode" in-game).  

Memory Link - This link allows you to sync Black/White and Black/White Version 2 

via Wi-Fi or Wireless Communications. This feature allows you to collect data from

the last two games and transfer those memories and special items into Version 2.  

This feature also gives you the chance to capture N's pokémon from Black/White

as long as you meet the prerequisites.  

Nintendo 3DS Link - This link allows you to obtain pokémon captured from the 

Pokémon Dream Radar application (to be released the same day as Version 2). 

New Gym Leaders: This time around, the Unova region features a few new gym leaders and various changes made to existing Gym puzzles and design.  As usual, there are eight different Gyms to battle in with their own unique puzzles and overall vibe. These changes are sure to make your experience feel totally new.  

Hidden Grottos: Hidden grottos are small areas hidden around the Unova region, and there are several reasons to look out for them! In hidden grottos you can find Items, Hidden Items and pokémon with Hidden Abilities, usually pokémon from within the area.  

Pokemannnz.jpg

So how do you find them?  Look for  trees that are closer together than usual, and interact with those gaps to discover plenty of goodies. The great thing about hidden grottos is that with every 256 steps there's a small chance that new items and pokémon have been regenerated in each discovered grotto.  You can up your chances of one regenerating by using a Pass Power. This feature will definitely take lots of exploration, but well worth the discovery. 

New Areas: As mentioned in my last Pokémon-related post, there are several new areas and iterations to look out for in Black/White Version 2.  New areas including Aspertia CityVirbank CityFloccesy TownYamaji Town and Seigaiha City make their debut, while several aesthetic changes are made to existing areas like Driftveil City and Route 4.  At the same time, there are areas like Cold Storage, Route 10 and Victory Road which have been removed for various reasons. 

While Black/White Version 2 revisit the Unova region, exploration will feel new and refreshing for those already familiar with the region.  

PokéStar Studios: Replacing the Pokémon Musicals in the original Black/White titles is PokéStar film studio, which is located north of Virbank City.  Like Pokémon Contests, Super Contests, Pokéathlon and Musicals, PokéStar Studios provides you with an alternative to battling. 

Here, you'll be asked to tackle various script scenarios in order to create a mini movie featuring your pokémon. The end product can vary greatly depending upon your actions while creating the script so play around with it until you've created your most ideal movie.  After you've finished your script you can watch your movies and decide for yourself.  

As you create more films and generate more box office revenue you build fans and earn various reward items so it pays off to spend some time at the film studio and rack up fans and rewards.  

fA030.jpeg

Join Avenue Mall: This new shopping mall takes full advantage of the communication aspects of Black/White Version 2, so as you connect with other players via Nintendo Wi-Fi, local wireless, C-Gear and Infrared more people will appear and open shop.  

Open shops are also able to level up and increase their variety of merchandise.  In order to level up shops you have to direct others to them and, little by little, they grow in rank.  Join Avenue Mall offers yet another way for you to find items you usually wouldn't be able to find so easily.  Take advantage of your Wi-Fi etc. and you'll be well on your way! 

FunFest Missions:  A step up from the Entralink Missions, FunFest Missions let you take on a variety of missions alone or with up to 100 other players via local wireless.  These missions can vary from item and pokémon hunting to asking other players quiz questions.  Succeeding in missions grants you various rewards such as Pass Orbs, Rare Candy and more.  

Pokémon World Tournament: Surprisingly enough, this new feature has never been featured in past Pokémon titles.  Located south of Driftveil City you'll find a giant tournament building being run by Sinnoh Champion Cynthia.  Here you'll face up against several trainers in Single and Double battles.  As you play through the story, more facilities within the building will open up offering you even more tournaments to take part in.  

While the Left Hand Tournaments are based more upon specific prerequisites, the Right Hand Tournaments focus on past Gym Leaders from the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova regions.  I'm sure many of you will get a kick out of this, especially if you've played past games.

Check out the trailer for this exciting new addition to the series below: 

Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 will be released on the Nintendo DS and 3DS (in 2D mode) on October 7.  You can pre-order your copy of the game at Future Shop! 

SKU: 10172244

Return to the captivating Unova region two years after the events of the original Pokemon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games. In the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 games, players can explore new areas, discover gyms with new leaders and see how everything has changed in the last two years.

SKU: 10172245

Return to the captivating Unova region two years after the events of the original Pokemon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games. In the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 games, players can explore new areas, discover gyms with new leaders and see how everything has changed in the last two years.

And for a full Pokémon fix, you can also check out the Pokémon Black/White Version 2 Strategy Guide -- seriously, the Pokédex in this rocks!

SKU: 10219555

Become the ultimate Pokémon master with the secrets you'll obtain from Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Scenario Guide: The Official Pokémon Strategy Guide. Featuring a comprehensive look at all the game's secrets, this guide will turn you from novice trainer to Pokémon guru in no time!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.