Tech Blog

Bethesda Announces Award-Winning Cast for Dishonored, Plus "The Golden Cat" Gameplay Video

by Blogger ‎08-08-2012 12:18 PM - edited ‎08-08-2012 12:18 PM

1709Boyle_Party_-Sneaking_Into_.jpeg

Just a few days ago Bethesda revealed some new information about Dishonored, the upcoming game by Arkane Studios. This stealth-action game will feature an award-winning voice cast including Academy Award winner, Susan Sarandon (who will play former aristocrat, Granny Rags), Golden Globe winner, Brad Dourif (inventor Piero, the creator of Corvo’s mask and gadgets), Emmy Award nominees Carrie Fisher (who will be broadcasting government propaganda over loudspeakers throughout the city), John Slattery (Admiral Havelock, a Loyalist who helps Corvo on his quest), Michael Madsen (Daud, a mysterious assassin), Chloë Grace Moretz (Young Lady Emily, the Empress’ daughter who is kidnapped after her mother’s death), and Lena Headey (Calista, Emily’s caretaker).

In addition to all of the talented voice cast composer Daniel Licht lends his musical talents to create the game’s original score. 

“Having such talented actors voice Dishonored's compelling cast of characters adds a rich, powerful element to the game,” said Raphaël Colantonio, president of Arkane Studios. “We want to draw people into this virtual world and make it feel real. This celebrated cast adds wonderful depth and credibility to the overall Dishonored gameplay experience."

It’s amazing to hear such big names joining this already anticipated game.  I can hardly wait to hear their voices in action, adding even more depth and richness to this engaging environment.

With the plethora of video game news released each and every day; unfortunately, some of those stories slip under the cracks.  Last month, we told you about Dishonored's "Daring Escapes" Gameplay Video, which provided a deep look into the stealth possibilties in store for those anxiously awaiting this game.  However back in late June, Bethesda revealed "The Golden Cat" Gameplay Video, originally revealed during this year's E3.  In this two-part video, Co-Creative Directors at Arkane Studios Colantonio and Harvey Smith guide you through two different playthroughs of "The Golden Cat", and gives you a sneak peek at what's in store.  

If you missed this video and looking for content to hold you over until the October 9 release date, you've got to check this one out: 

"The Golden Cat" Gameplay Video Part 1

"The Golden Cat" Gameplay Video Part 2

Dishonored will be available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October 9, 2012. If you're looking forward to it just as much as we are, preorder it today at Future Shop: 

SKU: 10201991

Dishonored is an immersive first-person action game that casts you as a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. Creatively eliminate your targets with the flexible combat system as you combine the numerous supernatural abilities, weapons and unusual gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your enemies under the cover of darkness or ruthlessly attack them head on with weapons drawn.

SKU: 10201992

Dishonored is an immersive first-person action game that casts you as a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. Creatively eliminate your targets with the flexible combat system as you combine the numerous supernatural abilities, weapons and unusual gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your enemies under the cover of darkness or ruthlessly attack them head on with weapons drawn.

SKU: 10201993

Comments
by Retired Blogger on ‎08-08-2012 04:52 PM

I'm so glad you are covering this Erika, instead of me, since this is probably my MOST anticipated game of the fall, and I am trying to avoid reading previews and watching trailers, lest I spoil any part of the game for myself!

In fact, why did I even read your post and comment on it? :smileyhappy:

by Blogger on ‎08-08-2012 08:00 PM

I just recently started exploring more into the story and game mechanics of Dishonored and I must say the more I read the more excited I get.

by Blogger on ‎08-09-2012 05:13 PM

Alex: Oh come on...you can't help reading away!  I promise I won't spoil too much for you :smileywink:

Paul: Same here!  While it's not a "true" stealth action game in my opinion (Corvo seems totally overpowered!), it's still totally cool.  

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.