Tech Blog

Bethesda Announces Kinect Voice Control Support

by Blogger ‎04-14-2012 12:50 PM - edited ‎04-14-2012 12:54 PM

large.jpeg

Just a few days ago, Bethesda announced that the popular motion control peripheral Kinect would be coming to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.  Available for free the week of April 23, Skyrim Kinect for Xbox 360 Support will feature more than 200 voice commands including Dragon Shouts, Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, and more. Now all of you can shout at your tv screens frantically and love every minute of it.  

This new feature will allow you to quickly create and load saves during gameplay and access menus and commands. Skyrim’s Kinect for Xbox 360 Support also adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value. I haven't gotten any hands-on time with this new feature, but it sounds pretty intriguing.  Though, at the same time, I have my hesitations -- seriously, this could be bad during a heated battle.  It's hard to say, really. 

Bethesda is hard at work on their next set of game add-ons, and all exclusively for the Xbox360. Expect awesome things like new quests, locations, features, and much more to the world of Skyrim. No news on whether this would be released on other systems in the future. 

If you want to see the Kinect Demo, but you can check it out at the Skyrim Official Website

And if you're one of those who haven't tried out the game, what are you waiting for?  Frankly, Skyrim did skimp on the gameplay experience, but it's still a great RPG nonetheless.  Or, yknow, you could play Xenoblade Chronicles. :smileywink: 

SKU: 10186621

The Empire of Tamriel is on the edge. The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.