Tech Blog

Future Shop does TEDxVancouver 2012

by Blogger ‎10-23-2012 02:33 PM - edited ‎10-23-2012 02:41 PM

TEDxVan.jpg

(Image by: Hasan Habib)

TEDxVancouver returned to beautiful British Columbia for a fourth straight year, and once again, Future Shop was there showing support for the non-profit organization and attendees. A sold-out crowd of over 2,500 people attended the event themed "Confluence" this past Sunday, October 21, 2012, congregrating inside the historic Orpheum Theatre on Granville St. 

A variety of world-class speakers gave inspiring talks and based on the media and blog coverage, it's certainly spawned ideas worth spreading.

As an organizing committee volunteer, I had the honour of conducting interviews with 13 speakers following their messages. These were captured on video using a Sony Handycam and my trusty iPhone 4S, connected with an iRig microphone. The videos will be edited over the next few weeks and posted on Future Shop's YouTube channel.

In the meantime, please feel free to enjoy a few photos taken backstage. You can also enjoy a variety of pro photos from the TEDxVancouver Flickr stream, with photos by a trio of fantastic photographers: Cathy Brown, Rishad Daroowala and Maurice Li.

MarkBrand.JPG

The 'King of Gastown,' restauranteur, Mark Brand posing with me following a powerful talk on Vancouver's downtown eastside and his commitment to do the right thing.

DougSchmitt.JPG

Hot commodity: Lawyer Doug Schmitt and a real meteorite. 

ChenLisra.JPG

Seduction is her game: consultantant and author Chen Lizra holds up her book following her TEDxVancouver talk on seduction in our everyday lives.

RiazMeghji.JPG

Hamming it up with the host of TEDxVancouver, the always dapper Riaz Meghji of Citytv's Breakfast Television Vancouver.

ArtGalleryOutside.JPG

The TEDxVancouver fun carried into the night at the Vancouver Art Gallery. 

Comments
by Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador on ‎10-25-2012 05:34 AM

Any chance you can rotate your images?

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.