Tech Blog

Kobo Arc Hits Future Shop This November!

by Blogger on ‎09-19-2012 10:47 AM - last edited on ‎07-11-2013 01:56 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

Kobo Arc.jpg

A few weeks ago, Kobo announced their latest additions to their eReader family – Glo, Mini and Arc.  These new models are each suited to your particular tastes whether you prefer reading at night, on the go, or while multitasking with your favourite media. 

Yesterday Kobo announced that the Kobo Arc 7" Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) tablet will be hitting Future Shop this November with 8GB and 16GB options (with an additional 32GB and 64GB elsewhere).  As much a tablet as it is an eReader, the Arc is perfect for multimedia junkies (who isn't?), and allows you to read, surf the web, watch movies and listen to music via Google Play.  You can then bookmark all of your favourites into their own designated tabs for future reference.  And if that weren't enough, the Discover Ribbon recommendation engine can take all of your favs and suggest others you might enjoy in the Tapestries UI. How intuitive is that? 

“We designed the Kobo Arc to let people focus on the music, eBooks, movies, website and applications they love rather than on the hardware they hold in their hand – though that is amazingly designed as well,” said Wayne White, General Manager of Devices, Kobo. “We’ve accomplished this by offering consumers more – more storage, more customization, more choice – all in the powerful, attractive and vivid Android 4.0 Kobo Arc.”

Driven by a 1.5GHz OMAP 4470 dual-core processor, the Arc is not only extremely customizable it's powerful to boot.  In combination with it's high-definition display, 1280x800 resolution, SRS TruMedia audio, 1.3 MegaPixel camera, Wi-Fi and over 10 hours of battery life, the Arc is one of the most impressive eReaders to date.  If you're looking for a new gadget in your life this might just be it.  

The Kobo Arc will be available at Future Shop for $199.99 (8GB) and $249.99 (16GB) in both black and white this November.  You can further personalize Arc with colourful SnapBacks, available in blue and purple. If you're interested in pre-ordering the Arc, you can do so below.

SKU: 10173257

The Kobo Arc tablet (8GB, black) puts the world at your fingertips. It features a 7-inch 1200x800 colour touchscreen and is powered by a customized Android 4.0 operating system that works flawlessly with Kobo eBooks. It's powered by a dual core processor for blazing performance that's perfect for watching video and surfing the web, video conferencing and more.

SKU: 10173253

The Kobo Arc tablet (16GB, black) puts the world at your fingertips. It features a 7-inch 1200x800 colour touchscreen and is powered by a customized Android 4.0 operating system that works flawlessly with Kobo eBooks. It's powered by a dual core processor for blazing performance that's perfect for watching video and surfing the web, video conferencing and more.

SKU: 10173258

The Kobo Arc tablet (8GB, white) puts the world at your fingertips. It features a 7-inch 1200x800 colour touchscreen and is powered by a customized Android 4.0 operating system that works flawlessly with Kobo eBooks. It's powered by a dual core processor for blazing performance that's perfect for watching video and surfing the web, video conferencing and more.

SKU: 10173265

The Kobo Arc tablet (16GB, white) puts the world at your fingertips. It features a 7-inch 1200x800 colour touchscreen and is powered by a customized Android 4.0 operating system that works flawlessly with Kobo eBooks. It's powered by a dual core processor for blazing performance that's perfect for watching video and surfing the web, video conferencing and more.

Comments
by x0pa on ‎09-19-2012 02:13 PM

my mom loves her kobo im #1 son :smileywink: "k im the only kid, but im still #1" :smileywink:

by Frankenbarbie01 on ‎09-26-2012 01:30 PM

On September 18th Kobo had a press release that the Kobo Arc will be shipped standard with 16G, they were not going to release the 8G model.  I have pre ordered my Arc from Future Shop and wonder if they will adjust the suggested retail price to reflect that? I read on the Kobo site that the price for the 16G will be $199.  I have the 16G pre-ordered for $249.

Will Future Shop adjust the purchase price and only charge me the $199?  Future Shop says they dont know anything about this press release....

Should I cancel my order..wait for the product to be released..HOPE I can get one and order it again to get the best price??

It took me ages to decide to buy one....I really want to get the best value for my dollar!

by Blogger on ‎09-26-2012 01:49 PM

Hi Frankenbarbie, thanks for the question.  Unfortunately I'm not really sure what's going on in terms of available models and cost at the moment; however, I did address this issue with FS and supplied them with the press release.  I'm still waiting. Hopefully we'll have some details soon!  

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.