Tech Blog

Logitech Earbuds For Travellers And Kids

by Blogger on ‎04-08-2010 09:37 AM - last edited on ‎01-16-2013 03:46 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

Noise cancelling headphones are brilliant.  If you dont have them, you've seen them every time you board a plane and see the preboarders in first class unwrapping their Bose or Monster Beats headsets to shut out the screaming baby from the cheap seats.

2948iF15757BAC089EB09Those headsets are fabulous, but they're big.  I've been rocking a tiny pocket set of noise cancelling earbuds, the Logitech Metro Fi 170, for the past few weeks that are great to tuck into a jacket pocket and pull out wherever you need them.

I mostly listen to music at the poker table.  I do it to drown out the mindless chatter and to keep me entertained while I sit and wait for pocket aces.  These earbuds instantly teleport you to a mystic world of beats from Moby, rock from Rage Against the Machine or dreamy dance from Lady Gaga - whatever shuffles up next.

While these earbuds are great for drifting off on a plane, I wouldn't recommend them for running.  They shut out everything - including traffic noise meaning you're not as aware of your surroundings when you're on the road.

The price is right too - $60 vs $200+ for the bigger brand name over ear sets.

2949iEA902D21A7B3D3C9For parents who have their kids plugging in to iPods and Nintendo game systems when they travel, checking out a set of Logitech Ultimate Ears Loud Enough earbuds are a must.  You've no doubt had your teen or tween stuck in the basement rocking out to the latest Justin Bieber track while you called incessantly for them to come upstairs.

These headphones will keep the music on their player, but will also limit the volume to which it can be cranked.  A perfect way to keep the Beeb's songs out of your head and stuck in theirs without making them deaf.

The volume limiting is built in, they can't hack it, and it will keep music to 40% of the maximum level.

At $39 these buds are almost cheap enough to stuff in your pocket and bring on the bus to hand out to the people who insist on blasting their beats for the entire crowd to get down.

catch the buzz ... pass it on.

Comments
by Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador on ‎04-08-2010 01:11 PM

Hey Buzz, how do you find these stay in while walking/moving?  The one problem I have with most in ear buds is that they tend to fall out really easily while walking, or even just turning my head.  Have you found them to be pretty good?

Thanks for the extra info!

by Blogger on ‎04-08-2010 07:46 PM

These ones have 3 different sized "applicators" so you can get a snug fit.  I hear what you're saying about buds normally falling out.  I dont get how people run with stock iPod ones - they always slip and slide out when I sweat.  I wear 5 year old over ear fuzzy ones when I run.

These ones, however, were fine and snug.  Since they're noise cancelling, they're meant to fit in there tight - which means you should clean your ears unless you want a waxy cotton candy bud when you pull them out.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.