Tech Blog

Mobility with AMD and Trinity Processors

by Blogger on ‎07-20-2012 12:29 PM - last edited on ‎07-20-2012 02:07 PM by Administrator

AMD Trinity Processor.jpg

If you checked out my last blog post, I talked about how AMD's latest hardware like the Radeon HD 7870/7950/7970 video cards and Trinity Processors are a great choice for your gaming rig.  Of course that's seriously up for debate, but you can't deny the outstanding potential these pieces of hardware have. With AMD's Trinity Processors still fresh in your mind, I want to branch away from gaming and focus on the idea of mobility and how processors like this can slim the size of your laptop while offering better battery life and better cost.  That might seem like a big feat, but Trinity has made it possible.  

Compared to the AMD's last processor Llano, Trinity has an overall performance increase of up to 25 percent, 50 percent better graphical performance and twice the performance per watt.  When compared to its biggest competition, Trinity ends up being pretty mediocre, but graphically-wise is where this processor shines.  The same can be said about the processor's energy efficiency, which is capable of up to  9-12 hours worth of laptop battery life (although I could see that number being closer to 7+). 

If building a laptop rig isn't quite what you're looking for you should be happy to know that Trinity-equipped laptops are pretty inexpensive compared to laptops equipped with rival processors.  This ensures light but speedy performance at a low cost, something I'm sure many of you are just as interested in. One of the most common Trinity-powered laptops to be released is the HP Envy Sleekbook, which I've linked to below.  Not only is this laptop small and sleek it offers quite the graphical capabilities in exchange for some performance and speed.  It's certainly not one of the least expensive models, but the price-performance ratio isn't half bad.  

It's nice knowing that it's possible to create amazing laptops with such impressive, slim hardware.  This allows users to enjoy their experience from just about anywhere in a light, compact build.  If you require a mobile powerhouse with the best performance possible you might want to look elsewhere (although don't get me wrong, the processor is still great for basic tasks), but if you want a mobile powerhouse oriented more towards its graphical and energy saving features Trinity might be just what you're looking for. 

SKU: 10208920

The 15.6" HP ENVY Sleekbook is a lightweight in form only - inside it's packed full of heavy-duty components like a next gen AMD A6-4455M 2.6 GHz processor, 8GB of RAM, and a generous 500GB hard drive. This ultra-portable, ultra-sexy laptop also features a gorgeous HD BrightView LED backlit display and an eye-catching metal design that'll turn heads.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.