Tech Blog

NHL 13 Collector's Edition Features Exclusive Stanley Cup Tin, Plus Much More

by Blogger ‎07-30-2012 07:38 PM - edited ‎07-30-2012 07:46 PM

nhl-13-collectors-edition-600x337.jpg

If you're a hockey fan looking forward to the September 11 launch of the next big entry in the NHL series, keep in mind that EA is releasing a standard edition and a limited-run NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition that contains a lot great collectibles, as well as in-game bonuses that will you keep you on the ice. 

The NHL series is a perennial favourite among hockey fans, and this year EA is producing what could be their best Collector's Edition yet.  Here are all the exclusive bonuses that will come with the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition:

• Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image (see image at the top of the article for a visual)

• Two Stanley Cup Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions

pack_art_East2.png

pack_art_West2.png 

• Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items

pack_art_Gretz2.png

• A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS Hockey League)

CECCMoffer2.png

• A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com

Shop.NHL.com logo2.png 

•  A complete copy of NHL 13

For the game itself, EA is set to deliver a ton of new features and enhances to improve the overall gaming experience.  Many of the new features, including the all-new True Performance Skating and EA Sports Hockey I.Q., can be seen in this exclusive Future Shop @ E3 video:

Of course another big announcement recently by EA was that Canadian-born Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers has been named the cover athlete for NHL 13.  For more information on the announcement, be sure to check out our coverage here on the Future Shop Tech Blog.  

We're about six weeks away from the release date of the most-anticipated hockey game of the year, and hopefully, like the previous two years, EA will have something cool planned for the launch.  I know I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

NHL 13 is releasing for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on September 11, 2012.  The game is being developed by EA Canada and published by EA Sports.

NHL 13 is rated E for Everyone.

To pre-order the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition or the NHL 13 regular edition, please visit one of the futureshop.ca product pages below:

SKU: 10172283

NHL 13 delivers a gameplay experience that accurately captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL headlined by True Performance Skating, and supported by EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. NHL 13 will also deliver experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the GM Connected and NHL Moments Live game modes.

SKU: 10172491

NHL 13 delivers a gameplay experience that accurately captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL headlined by True Performance Skating, and supported by EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. NHL 13 will also deliver experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the GM Connected and NHL Moments Live game modes.

SKU: 10172273

SKU: 10172486

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.