Tech Blog

NHL 13 Is Out Now!

by Blogger ‎09-11-2012 10:50 AM - edited ‎09-11-2012 10:50 AM

NHL 13.jpg

Today's the day many sports fans have been anticipating, and for good reason. NHL 13, the latest entry in the franchise, is one of those grounding breaking new installments (at least since NHL 07 when the Skill Stick was first introduced). This year, EA has lots to offer and is promising some substantial advancements in your play experience.  Expect truer speed, creativity and strategy that is just as accessible as past installments. 

Late last month I wrote an NHL 13 Preview you really should check out if you want to find out some of the key facts about this year's big release.  There's lots to cover including the new True Performance Skating gameplay system and the Hockey I.Q. AI system each of which has been revamped to offer a more in-depth experience than ever before. 

To celebrate over 20 years of EA Sports NHL, EA is also releasing their first ever collector's edition.  This bundle will feature lots of goodies for all of you hockey buffs out there.  If you're interested in knowing what you'll find in the collectors edition here are the details: 

• Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
  • Two Stanley Cup Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Eastern and Western Conference Champions
  • Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack features 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
  • A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (for use in Be a Pro and EA Sports Hockey League)
  • A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com 
  • And, of course, a copy of NHL 13

If don't currently own a PS3 and want the whole shebang, you need to check out the new NHL 13 Bundle which includes a 320GB PS3 and a copy of NHL 13 for $299.99.  You can find this bundle at Future Shop too! 

SKU: 10218417

With the PlayStation3 320GB system, you get free PlayStation Network membership, built-in Wi-Fi, and 320GB of hard disk drive storage for games, music, videos and photos. And every PS3 system comes with a built-in Blu-ray player to give you pristine picture quality and the best high-definition viewing experience available. Plus, this bundle comes with NHL 13.

If you already own a PS3 and plan on just picking up the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions of the game (regular or collector's edition) you can also find those at Future Shop.

SKU: 10172283

NHL 13 delivers a gameplay experience that accurately captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL headlined by True Performance Skating, and supported by EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. NHL 13 will also deliver experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the GM Connected and NHL Moments Live game modes.

SKU: 10172491

NHL 13 delivers a gameplay experience that accurately captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL headlined by True Performance Skating, and supported by EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. NHL 13 will also deliver experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the GM Connected and NHL Moments Live game modes.

SKU: 10172273

SKU: 10172486

Comments
by Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador on ‎09-20-2012 11:15 PM
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.