Tech Blog

North American exclusive: The Muppets Disney Collectible Packaging with movie at Future Shop

by Blogger ‎03-15-2012 11:57 AM - edited ‎03-19-2012 08:37 AM

MuppetsLogo.JPG

In my best Kermit the Frog voice impersonation: "Hi-ho!," to the fact Canadians can get their Muppet-crazy hands on "Disney Collectible Packaging" exclusive with movie in North America to Future Shop of The Muppets movie next Tuesday. 

In celebration of The Muppets 2011 theatrical release availability on Blu-ray and DVD, Future Shop has locked in a limited-run of beautifully crafted artwork to spread across the front, back and interior of Disney Collectible Packaging. The blu-ray movie comes enclosed within it. Much like comic books and sports cards, this type of packaging hold high collectors' values. You can count on Muppets fans everywhere wanting to get their paws on this one. 

Following a recent CTV Morning Live interview last Friday, I was able to get up-close and personal with this coveted Disney Collectible Packaging. Here's some views:

Front and back cover spread:

SteelBook Cover_Muppets.JPG

Interior:

SteelBook Cover_MuppetsBack.JPG

The Muppets' Disney Collectible Packaging is available with movie on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at any of the 149 Future Shop stores across the country or available now for pre-order at Futureshop.ca.

In changing my Muppets voice for a moment <clearing throat>:"Wocka-wocka!" Who's in for adding this packaging to the collection?

Comments
by Retired Moderator on ‎03-15-2012 12:04 PM

What an amazing movie + a sweet Steelbook.

+1 from me.

by Trusted Expert on ‎03-15-2012 01:37 PM

I haven't seen the movie, but am looking forward to its release next week with the collectible packaging, of course!

Slight correction though.  Future Shop is the exclusive Canadian retailer for this collectible packaging, not North American.

It's not as if Future Shop retails outside of Canada anyway, but the US has a retailer that is offering the exclusive there.

by Blogger on ‎03-15-2012 09:11 PM

@Atomic: I'll check on that and update the post if needed. Appreciate the heads up!

by Blogger on ‎03-19-2012 08:35 AM

@Atomic: Here's the skinny: Future Shop is the only North American retailer to sell the Disney Collectible Packaging with the blu-ray movie packaged within. To our knowledge, only one U.S. retailer may have some empty cases available, but they have already been issued.

Thanks for your feedback! You know your Muppets!

by Trusted Expert on ‎03-19-2012 10:45 AM

That is correct, Elliot.

HOP, coming out at the end of the week is a worldwide exclusive as far as I know.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.