Caramel apples makes a great treat whether you wrap it up in cellophane and give it as a gift during the holidays? Or serve it at your next party? Or cut it up into pieces to share with your closest friends? One thing is for sure; candy or caramel apples make you feel like a kid again. (Or it does for me). Here’s a fast and easy recipe to make caramel apples with roasted almonds and coconut.
- 1 bag of Caramel Chews.
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 5 medium apples (I prefer granny smith, for the sour yet sweet taste. Gala or Pink Lady apples are also good choices.
- 5 lollipop sticks or Kebab wood skewers
- 2 cups of Chopped Almonds
- 2 cups of Coconut shaving
- Option one: Use saucepan. Set oven at medium. Melt the butter. Throw in the caramel pieces until they melt. Add two tablespoons of water.
- Option two: Use a double boiler. In the bottom pan, boil 1-2cups of water. Place the caramel chews with 2 tablespoons of water in the top pan. Put the top pan over the boiling water and wait for the caramel to melt.
- Option three: Put all the caramel in the microwavable bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of water. Microwave it for 3-4 minutes. It’s a good idea to check in half way and stir caramel, then let it continue to heat in the microwave.
Preparing the apples:
- Wash the apples.
- Remove the stem. Insert the sticks.
- Make sure the apples are dry.
- Place parchment paper or butter aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
- If you have raw almonds, make sure to roast them. Put them in the oven for 5-10 mins at 350 degrees. Throw the roasted almonds in food processor to get chopped. Pour into bowl.
- Place coconut shavings into a bowl.
Dip the Apples:
- For the fun part. Take an apple, dip it into the bowl of melted caramel.
- Then dip into chopped almonds, top it off with coconut.
- Let the apple stand on the baking sheet for about 15-20mins. Best to put it in the refrigerator to help set the caramel. Voila.
Other toppings include:
- Mini M&Ms
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Chopped peanuts
Enjoy your caramel apple!
The Breville Sous Chef Food Processor makes processing easier and faster, and with better results. An extra-wide feed chute accommodates larger food items, and the slicing disc has 24 settings so you can customize thickness. The 'S' blade cuts through the toughest textures, and a 16-cup bowl lets you process more at once. Finally, a 1200 watt induction motor ensures powerful performance for years.
This GE microwave's over-the-range design helps you regain some valuable counter space and it features a recirculating vent fan with grease filter so you can vent unwanted cooking odours out of your kitchen. The CircuWave Plus cooking system provides 1,000 watts of power and 10 power levels for versatile options and thorough cooking results for a wide range of foods.
Extra-thick aluminum distributes heat efficiently on these large pans. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
Stylish comet-shaped serving bowl puts a fun spin on traditional serveware.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.