Tech Blog

Recipe: Kale Pesto

by Blogger on ‎10-21-2012 10:46 AM - last edited on ‎10-22-2012 11:33 AM by Administrator

Kale-pesto.jpg

My mom (aka Mama Pej) made an amazing pesto sauce by using kale. Right now, Kale is a huge food trend, as it should! The benefits of kale are amazing, such as:

• High source of Iron
  • High source of Vitamin K
  • High in Fiber
  • High in Vitamin C
  • Read here for more information on the benefits of kale.

The sauce was so tasty that I ended up overeating on pasta. Savored every bit. Thus, I made her redo the recipe for me to share with all of you. I can’t take credit for it, but kudos to my mom for this great recipe:

Kale.jpgIngredients:

• Two bunches of kales. Remove stem and chopped
  • 2 Heads of Garlic (roasted)
  • ½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
  • ¼ cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper

Directions: 

1)   Boil water and add a pinch of salt. Add the kale into the boiling water. Let the kale seep in for one minute. Afterwards, drain the kale into a colander. You don’t want to over cook the kale. Rinse the kale with cold water. This step helps to maintain the vibrant green color.  

2)   Make sure the kale is completely dry. Tip: Wrap kale with cloth/towel and let it sit overnight.

Roasted Garlic:

roasted-garlic.jpg3)   Cut the head of the garlic. (see video for demonstration) Drizzle a little of olive oil and a dash of pepper/salt. Wrap the garlics with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 Degrees for 30-45mins. Or until the garlic is brown. Tip: Make a larger batch of roasted garlic in one go, and place the unused garlics in the freezer, for another day.

4)   Once the garlic is roasted. It should be easy to peel the skin off.  

5)   Put the chopped kale into the food processor. Then add the roasted garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, pepper and salt.

Voila, your pasta sauce is completed. Delicious with a spinach flavored fettuccine pasta. Then again, the sauce will be yummy on any style of pastas. Enjoy! 

SKU: 10178391

The Breville Sous Chef Food Processor makes processing easier and faster, and with better results. An extra-wide feed chute accommodates larger food items, and the slicing disc has 24 settings so you can customize thickness. The 'S' blade cuts through the toughest textures, and a 16-cup bowl lets you process more at once. Finally, a 1200 watt induction motor ensures powerful performance for years.

SKU: 10166304

For the ultimate versatility, this food processor offers a three-bowl set of a 12-cup work bowl, 10-cup chef's bowl, and 4-cup mini bowl for all of your preparation needs. Versatile discs and blades handle a variety of tasks, from precise slicing to kneading yeast dough.

SKU: 10149823

Superbly designed for high performance and ease of use, the Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup (3 L) has the power, capacity, versatility, precision, and accessories to handle any task. From the two nested and sealed bowls to the adjustable slicing disc and reversible shredding disc, these incredible features create multiple food processors in one!

SKU: 10204923

This Pasta Poster will add zest to your living room, office, or any other room of your choice.

SKU: 10210756

Roma by Weston Products gives you quality, easy to use pasta machines so you can enjoy homemade pasta at home. The Roma Tube Pasta Machine allows you to make a variety of tube shaped pastas with 6 included pasta discs. Make homemade penne, rigatoni, tortiglioni, and more!

SKU: 10225380

Craft delectable pastas with ease, all thanks to the Norpro Krona Pasta Pot. Sporting a host of technologically advanced features like special pour spouts and twin-layer stainless steel, this rugged Pasta Pot is the perfect accessory for any discerning cook.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.