Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.
If you’ve got an Xbox with Kinect, theres really good odds that you’ve tried out one of the Dance Central games already. Earlier this month Microsoft Studios, Harmonix Music Systems, and Backbone Entertainment brought us the latest installment to the #1 best selling Kinect dance franchise. Dance Central 3 is certainly similar to its predecessors, not messing with what made it such a success but there are certainly improvements and changes in this incarnation making an upgrade certainly worth consideration.
Like the previous Dance Central games, players in Dance Central 3 must follow on-screen dance moves as they’re tracked by the Kinect sensor. Players are scored for accuracy and awarded points accordingly. One of the new additions here is the Crew Throwdown mode which lets two teams of four have a sort of dance battle in a series of performances and minigames. Other new additions include the Beginner mode and Party modes which let you ignore skill to some extent and just enjoy a social dancing game experience. These additions are key to the game, for me. They mean that when you have friends and family over this holiday season you’ll be able to load up Dance Central 3 and everyone in the room can enjoy it together, regardless of skill level, and simply focusing on having some fun rather than the potential difficulty of the dance routines. Without these modes the dances can indeed get quite difficult so its a welcome change to be able to make things fun and easy for a while.
As for what music you’ll get to enjoy, check out this list;
- 2NE1 - "I Am The Best (Original Version)"
- 50 Cent - "In Da Club"
- Afrojack ft. Eva Simons - "Take Over Control"
- Alexandra Stan - "Mr. Saxobeat"
- Alice Deejay - "Better Off Alone"
- Backstreet Boys - "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
- Bellini - "Samba De Janeiro"
- Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow"
- Cali Swag District - "Teach Me How to Dougie"
- Ciara ft. Missy Elliott - "1, 2 Step"
- Cobra Starship ft. Sabi - "You Make Me Feel..."
- Cupid - "Cupid Shuffle"
- Daft Punk - "Around The World"
- Dev ft. The Cataracts - "Bass Down Low"
- E.U. - "Da' Butt"
- Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - "Stereo Love"
- Enur ft. Natasja - "Calabria 2008"
- Flo Rida ft. Sia - "Wild Ones"
- Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive"
- Heavy D & The Boyz - "Now That We Found Love"
- J.J. Fad - "Supersonic"
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull - "On The Floor"
- Justin Bieber - "Boyfriend"
- Katy Perry - "Firework"
- Kelly Clarkson - "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft. Ying Yang Twins - "Get Low"
- LMFAO - "Sexy And I Know It"
- Los Del Rio - "Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)"
- Marcia Griffiths - "Electric Boogie"
- Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera - "Moves Like Jagger"
- Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette - "Hello"
- Missy Elliott - "Ching-A-Ling"
- New Kids On The Block - "You've Got It (The Right Stuff)"
- Nicki Minaj - "Starships"
- Panjabi MC - "Beware Of The Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)"
- Sean Paul ft. Keyshia Cole - "(When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me"
- Shannon - "Let The Music Play"
- TLC - "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg"
- The Trammps - "Disco Inferno"
- Usher ft. Will.I.Am - "OMG"
- Usher - "Scream"
- Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby"
- Van McCoy - "The Hustle"
- Vicki Sue Robinson - "Turn The Beat Around"
- Village People - "Y.M.C.A."
As you can see, theres quite the variety and surely something for everyone. If you already have Dance Central of Dance Central 2 you’ll be able to import all of those songs to Dance Central 3 too for 400 points per title. On top of that, theres some downloadable content available too.
Dance Central 3 launched on October 16, 2012, exclusively on Xbox 360 with Kinect. The game was developed by Harmonix Music Systems with Backbone Entertainment and is published by Microsoft Studios.
The game is rated T for Teens and Adolescents.
Dance Central is back with new features, including a multiplayer party mode for up to 8 players. With a soundtrack featuring 40+ new tracks, from the disco grooves of the 70's to current chart-topping dance hits, Dance Central 3 delivers the most electrifying soundtrack yet.