Tech Blog

Review: Just Dance 4

by Blogger on ‎10-23-2012 07:38 AM

just-dance-4-502b70865905f.jpg

Hey, do you like music? Do you like having fun? If you’ve answered yes to these admittedly broad questions, you’ll probably have at some fun if you lose some inhibitions and spend some time partaking of a quick game of Just Dance 4. I never really played much of its predecessors, and admittedly am not the biggest fan of the genre but having spent some time with Just Dance 4 and some friends, I can definitely say I would do so again without hesitation.

Simply put its just plain fun. Its not serious at all. You don’t have to feel like you need to be a potential competitor for ‘So you think you can dance’ or an extra on Fame. You don’t need to be a nightclub superstar, know all the cool moves, or be graceful at all. You really just have to be willing to let the game take over, and not be afraid to act a little silly once in a while. The game doesn’t take itself too seriously and it makes sure that none of the players do either. As such it makes for a wonderful party game or icebreaker. If you’ve got a bunch of people over, toss this game on and the laughs will soon follow.

The game has players mimic routines presented on screen along with forty-three different popular tracks from a broad range of genres from classics to the latest hits. Theres not a terrible amount of skill or prerequisite experience necessary to enjoy Just Dance 4. If you can mimic a pictogram then you’re in pretty good shape for success.

The Dance Quests and bonus challenges with each song give some added fun ad replayability. This game even has an pseudo-exercise mode called Just Sweat too which features a calorie counter so you can track what you burn as you dance from track to track. The game certainly is a workout too. Even the fittest among us had so much fun that we ended up inadvertently tiring ourselves out. Any game that can have a room full of serious adults laughing within minutes, even the most rigid wallflowers enacting ridiculous dance routines, and making sure everyone has so much fun they drain themselves of all their precious energy is a winner in my book.

SKU: 10207439

Just Dance 4 is the perfect catalyst for the best parties, no matter what the occasion, thanks to innovative modes like the Battle mode, an upgraded Just Sweat mode, and even more fun. Everything you know and love about Just Dance gets even better with Just Dance 4 - hot new tracks, fun irreverent dances, and more.

SKU: 10207464

Just Dance 4 is the perfect catalyst for the best parties, no matter what the occasion, thanks to innovative modes like the Battle mode, an upgraded Just Sweat mode, and even more fun. Everything you know and love about Just Dance gets even better with Just Dance 4 - hot new tracks, fun irreverent dances, and more.

SKU: 10207528

Comments
by Trusted Expert on ‎10-24-2012 08:27 PM

I don't have this one yet, but the JUST DANCE series is great fun and well used by all the members of my family.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.