Tech Blog

Review: Panasonic RP-HTX7 Headphones

by Blogger on ‎11-17-2011 11:21 AM - last edited on ‎01-16-2013 03:39 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

panasonic.jpgPanasonic RP-HTXK7

$89.99

Red, White, Green, Black

There are many use cases for retro-styled headphones like these from Panasonic.  I like to wear them at the poker table, hipsters like to rock them on the bus, dj's scratching the 1's and 2's will find them fresh and keyboard jockeys in open work environments like to plug in to make the background disappear.

Panasonic RPHTX7I asked Char, who works in the busy copywriting department of my radio station, to ditch her white earbuds and try these for the day.

While they were a little pinchy because of all the earrings she wears, she said the cushioning of the earpieces was comfortable and the sound was good enough to drown out her noisy office mates.

Sometimes big headphones like this will give you a headache where the band stretches across your head and pinches at the sides - these dont.  The sliding adjusters make it easy to get a great fit.  They're also lighter than you'd expect, especially if you've used older models that look like these, they're not bulky at all.

The big puffy ear covers are comfortable too and provide a natural noise cancelling feature to get you in, and keep you in, a productivity zone at work.

These cans revisit a classic style with updated technology in the speakers.

If you've got a new school person on your list who's into the old school, these are the perfect pick. 

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.