Tech Blog

Review: Telus HTC One S Android 4.0 Smartphone [video]

by Retired Blogger ‎06-26-2012 10:00 PM - edited ‎06-26-2012 10:02 PM

HTC One S 700px-8.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I posted my first impressions of the new HTC One S Android smartphone. At that time, I was already quite impressed, and now that I have further familiarized myself with it, I am ready to deliver my final verdict. I recorded an in-depth video review of the Telus version of the HTC One S, which you can check out below, where I go over both the hardware and software of one of the latest Android phones available in Canada.  

Full Specifications

Operating System: Android 4.0 (ICS) + HTC Sense

Processor: 1.5 GHz Dual Core Qualcomm MSM8260A

Memory RAM: 1 GB DDR2

Memory Storage: 16 GB onboard storage

Display: 4.3" qHD Super AMOLED 960 x 540

Network: HSPA 42 Mbps

Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n

Battery: 1650 mAh, Embedded

Camera (Main): 8 MP, f/2.0, BSI, Single LED - Smart Flash, ImageChip 1080p HD Video with Stereo Sound

Camera (Front): VGA (640 x 480)

Audio: Universal Beats Audio

Dimensions: 130.9 x 65 x 7.8mm, (8.9mm for bump area)

HTC One S_3.jpg

The HTC One S is available now from Future Shop on Fido, SaskTel and Telus, ranging in price, depending on the carrier, from $79.99 - $99.99 on a 3-year term.

SKU: 10203323

The "S" in the HTC One S could stand for "social,", "speedy," or maybe just "spectacular." This amazing smartphone features a powerful Instant Capture camera with zero shutter delay, making it easier and quicker than ever to capture that perfect shot and share it with all your friends. You'll even get 25GB of space on Dropbox, free for two years, to help store all your photos and videos.

SKU: 10205595

The "S" in the HTC One S could stand for "social,", "speedy," or maybe just "spectacular." This amazing smartphone features a powerful 8MP Instant Capture camera with zero shutter delay, making it easier and quicker than ever to capture that perfect shot and share it with all your friends. The fast 1.5GHz dual core processor and Android 4.0 operating system make it easy and fun to use.

SKU: 10205909

The HTC One S was designed to give you the best in entertainment with incredible visuals and second-to-none sound. It's equipped with a 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, Beats Audio, and an 8MP HD camera. And, powered by Android 4.0 with HTC sense and a Dual Core 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor, it offers a smooth user experience with blazing fast performance.

Top picture © Alex Davies  

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.