Tech Blog

This is the week that was

by Retired Blogger on ‎06-06-2010 10:25 PM

Facebook

Facebook CEO has a Richard Nixon moment
Facebook Inc.'s 26-year-old chief executive, Mark Zuckerberg, literally squirmed in his seat, took off his famous hoodie sweatshirt and had a Richard Nixon moment under the grilling of two of the hosts of the All Things D Conference.

Facebook “Like” Buttons Breaking Down
Is your website experiencing problems with Facebook’s Like buttons? Don’t worry, it’s not just you and Facebook is working on a solution.

Apple

How iTunes Genius Really Works
An Apple engineer discloses how the company's premier recommendation engine parses millions of iTunes libraries.

Antivirus Firm Warns of New Mac OS X Spyware Application
Antivirus company Intego today announced that it has discovered a new spyware application capable of infecting computers running Mac OS X. The spyware, known as "OSX/OpinionSpy", is downloaded and installed on users' computers via the installation process for unrelated applications hosted on several popular download sites.

Leroy Stick – the man behind @BPGlobalPR
I started @BPGlobalPR, because the oil spill had been going on for almost a month and all BP had to offer were **bleep** PR statements.  No solutions, no urgency, no sincerity, no nothing.  That’s why I decided to relate to the public for them

Does the Internet Make You Smarter?
Amid the silly videos and spam are the roots of a new reading and writing culture, says Clay Shirky.

Your Turn
So, did I miss anything? What online story really got you going this week? Link to it in the comments!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.