Tech Blog

Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

This is the week that was

by Retired Blogger on ‎06-06-2010 10:25 PM

Facebook

Facebook CEO has a Richard Nixon moment
Facebook Inc.'s 26-year-old chief executive, Mark Zuckerberg, literally squirmed in his seat, took off his famous hoodie sweatshirt and had a Richard Nixon moment under the grilling of two of the hosts of the All Things D Conference.

Facebook “Like” Buttons Breaking Down
Is your website experiencing problems with Facebook’s Like buttons? Don’t worry, it’s not just you and Facebook is working on a solution.

Apple

How iTunes Genius Really Works
An Apple engineer discloses how the company's premier recommendation engine parses millions of iTunes libraries.

Antivirus Firm Warns of New Mac OS X Spyware Application
Antivirus company Intego today announced that it has discovered a new spyware application capable of infecting computers running Mac OS X. The spyware, known as "OSX/OpinionSpy", is downloaded and installed on users' computers via the installation process for unrelated applications hosted on several popular download sites.

Leroy Stick – the man behind @BPGlobalPR
I started @BPGlobalPR, because the oil spill had been going on for almost a month and all BP had to offer were **bleep** PR statements.  No solutions, no urgency, no sincerity, no nothing.  That’s why I decided to relate to the public for them

Does the Internet Make You Smarter?
Amid the silly videos and spam are the roots of a new reading and writing culture, says Clay Shirky.

Your Turn
So, did I miss anything? What online story really got you going this week? Link to it in the comments!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.