Tech Blog

Weekend exciting stuff: Canadian Videogame Awards photos & House of Marley

by Blogger ‎04-24-2012 02:46 PM - edited ‎04-24-2012 04:06 PM

I've been traveling a lot lately so being in Vancouver this past weekend was a good thing. I saw fellow Tech Blog writer and founder of Nextgenplayer.com, Paul Hunter, attended the first ever Fan Expo Vancouver and was a part of the Future Shop team to bring the third annual Canadian Videogame Awards (CVAs) to life. 

I thought I'd share weekend photos taken by Mr. Marjo Wright, a talented photographer I have the fortune of working with, and who once shot for big name papers like the Los Angeles Times. 

Before I dive into CVAs photos, here's a cool photo taken by my pal Tami Quiring at VillageGamer.net sharing on Twitter the Future Shop media swag bags made possible by amazing partners. Two dozen bloggers and reporters from across Canada received a bag prior to snapping photos of red carpet celebrities and gaming notables - the first time the CVAs offered this, thanks to the team at Future Shop:

SwagBag.jpg

(Photo from Tami Quiring, VillageGamer.net.)

Here's what was included in the Future Shop CVAs media swag bags:

• Sennheiser PC 350 gaming headset
  • House of Marley headphones
  • Mindforce PS3 controller, courtesty of Collective Minds
  • ModNation Racers, courtesy of United Front Games
  • Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection, courtesy of Konami
  • NHL 12, courtesy of EA Sports
  • $30 in coupons for CinemaNow digital streaming service
  • April issue of Click Magazine, CVAs special edition, guest edited by Victor Lucas
  • Assassin's Creed inflatable tomahawk, courtesy of Ubisoft
  • Konami t-shirt
  • House of Marley t-shirt and leather bracelet

Special shout-out to the House of Marley team who stepped-up last minute to even provide sound docks to pump-up the volume at the CVAs pre-party.

Side note: House of Marley is getting a lot of attention these days. Ellen Degeneres recently featured their Freedom Exodus headphones in her Earth Day giveaways campaign:

SKU: 10177053

These on-ear headphones are made with premium, eco-responsible materials combined with precision acoustic components deliver a high quality look, feel and listening experience. With every purchase a storage case is included!

--

Now, on the CVAs photos by Marjo Wright. Enjoy:

MaryZilba_RealHousewivesofVan.jpg

That's Mary Zilba from the Real Housewives of Vancouver walking the Canadian Videogame Awards red carpet.

ChristinaKiesel_RealHousewivesVan.jpg

Christina Kiesel from the Real Housewives of Vancouver.

DavidHayter_WifeMarisa.jpg

David Hayter, voice of Solid Snake, actor, writer and host of the 2012 CVAs with his wife Marisa.

KyleCassie_EmilieUllerup_Actors.jpg

Actors Kyle Cassie ("Death do us part") and Emilie Ullerup ("Death do us part").

Peter_and_JuliaBenson.jpg

Actors Peter and Julia Benson, from "Death do us part."

Dakota_and_ShyannDaulby.jpg

Actors Dakota and Shyann Daulby ("The Woodcarver" and "Camp good times" respectively).

LouFerrigno.jpg

Lou Ferrigno, the original Incredible Hulk and former Mr. Universe. (Still hulk-sized as ever.)

ShaunHatton_MarissaRoberto_EP.jpg

Hosts of Reviews on the Run, Shaun Hatton and Marissa Roberto. 

DeusExWinners.jpg

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution developers team.

Superbrothers_Stage.jpg

Capybara Games accepting one of several awards they won this year at the CVAs.

See more photos on the Future Shop Flickr page

Watch the CVAs broadcast on G4 Canada and Citytv this Saturday, April 28, 2012. Check local listings.

Comments
by Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador on ‎04-25-2012 04:35 AM

Can I get one of those swag bags? :smileywink:

JB

by Blogger on ‎04-25-2012 08:20 AM

JB, if only there were extras!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.