Tech Blog

Displaying articles for: 12-23-2012 - 12-29-2012

Review: Game Party Champions

by Blogger ‎12-28-2012 10:50 PM - edited ‎12-29-2012 08:53 AM

gpclogosimplelayer20.jpg

It takes mere moments after popping in Game Party Champions to realize the title is a misnomer.  This Wii U minigame collection, which consists of eight classic skill games, doesn't offer much of a "party", and you certainly won't feel like a champion playing this game.  I was hoping with the release of Wii U that the days of second-rate motion control titles would be over, but alas, Game Party Champions comes along and invites everyone to a brand new shovelware party.

Read more...

Give a Sparkling Toast On New Year’s

by Blogger on ‎12-28-2012 05:33 PM - last edited on ‎12-31-2012 09:43 AM by Retired Administrator

champagne_cork_1385836c.jpg

Let’s give a toast for 2013 to be a year filled with lots of love, happiness, and prosperity. I’ll let you save that line for when you ring in the New Year in a few days while holding up that glass of bubbly. Both champagne and New Year’s goes hand in hand. And this is a year to add more flavors to the sparkles. Infuse that bottle of champagne or prosecco with a splash of fruit. Here are the top 5 recipes to prepare the cocktail with sparkles.

Read more...

YouTube Capture main.jpgBeing in the middle of the holidays, it’s the ideal time to be shooting videos of family and friends enjoying time off work at gatherings or out and about somewhere. The YouTube app on iPhone and iPod Touch lets you watch videos, of course, but there hasn’t been an official app from Google for creating and uploading them yourself. YouTube Capture is a new app that does just that.

Read more...

Best Appetizers for New Year's Eve

by Blogger on ‎12-27-2012 09:09 PM - last edited on ‎12-28-2012 09:52 AM by Retired Administrator

Spinach-Artichoke-Dip.jpg

Christmas has past and now our focus has shifted to New Year’s celebrations. What are you doing for New Year’s Eve? Some of you will be ringing in the New Year by buying an overpriced ticket to a club or hotel. While others will be hosting a party or attending someone’s house party. Regardless, celebrating the New Year with all your friends and family is magical.  But the night has to start with some scrumptious appetizers. Whether you are hosting or attend, because you can’t come empty handed.  Here are some great recipes to check out:

Read more...

Spotlight: The Bose Lifestyle V25 Home Entertainment System

by Blogger ‎12-27-2012 08:42 PM - edited ‎12-28-2012 07:41 AM

V25 banner.JPG

After analyzing its surroundings, the The Bose Lifestyle V25 optimizes its own playback to specifically conform to your listening environment.  The end result is an audio experience that’s superior in several ways. Here’s a more detailed overview of this impressive system.

Read more...

Review: Rabbids Land

by Blogger ‎12-27-2012 02:09 PM - edited ‎12-27-2012 02:15 PM

nvfda.jpeg

I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little tired with the Rabbids series.  There was definitely a point in time where I couldn't get enough of these bizarre games, but that was long ago (2006, to be exact).  Recycling the same formula over and over isn't my idea of a good time so I think you can already imagine my thoughts of the latest in the series: Rabbids Land.  

Read more...

423687_117393995074867_511562788_n.pngThere are two big chip makers on the market in the desktop and laptop PC space: AMD and Intel. AMD Canada is looking to make some new friends, and if you’re on the list, you might be a winner. Ending in two weeks, they’re giving away four AMD Quad-Core A10 5800K APUs for new fans. The only thing you have to do to enter the contest is enter on Facebook! You might want to give them a Like while you're at it.

Read more...

It's time to stop using Instagram

by Blogger on ‎12-27-2012 12:21 PM

Facebook_instagram_futureshop-techblog.png

I’m not a big fan of Facebook for photos in general. They play fast and loose with copyright rules, and have had a nasty habit of using your photos to advertise to your friends, sometimes with awkward results, like suggesting weight-loss solutions or showing friends that you’re newly single.

Read more...

CES 2013 is January 8-11, 2013. Check it out! - VIDEO

by Blogger on ‎12-27-2012 11:17 AM - last edited on ‎01-10-2013 03:31 PM by Retired Administrator

Review: Fellowes PowerShred 79Ci

by Blogger on ‎12-27-2012 10:49 AM

shred.jpgShredders are an essential part of any office, home offices included. While we’re all inching towards a paperless office future, the hard-copies we do still tend to have around are typically sensitive in nature. With all the identity theft going on these days that concern only heightens the case for the use of a shredder. All those sensitive materials need to be disposed of properly and just tossing papers, cards, and disks into the trash or recycling just doesn’t cut it. Enter the Fellowes PowerShred 79Ci shredder. 

Read more...

Review: Kobo Arc

by Blogger on ‎12-27-2012 08:56 AM - last edited on ‎07-11-2013 01:53 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

koboarc.jpg

Kobo has a lot of great E-Readers already. They have E-Paper solutions all along the product category’s spectrum. Earlier this year they also launched a brand new seven inch tablet called the Kobo Arc. It runs on Google’s Android operating system, sports a full colour screen, and looks like it could be a great overall tablet, letting users go beyond mere e-book reading.

Read more...

Get your Boxing Week shopping on (Future Shop video)

by Blogger ‎12-26-2012 04:51 PM - edited ‎12-26-2012 04:52 PM

boxingdayGranville.jpg

If you've yet to experience at official in-store Boxing Day opening at 6:00 a.m., or just want to re-live it, check out the video taken today documenting the excitement from the Future Shop in downtown Vancouver at Granville and Robson.

Read more...

Review: Sony Xperia Go

by Blogger ‎12-26-2012 01:19 PM - edited ‎12-26-2012 01:20 PM

Sony Xperia Go main.jpgFresh off the launch of the Xperia T “Bond Phone”, Sony has just recently teamed up with Fido to release the Xperia Go, a mid-range Android smartphone that seems to have been designed for those who are on a budget, and maybe even a little bit clumsy. It doesn’t look like it, but this phone can take a beating.

Read more...

Unboxing: Monster's new DNA headphones & Diamond Tears inspired by JYP

by Blogger on ‎12-24-2012 09:23 AM - last edited on ‎12-24-2012 11:15 AM by Retired Administrator

DNAoverear.jpg

Monster Products has launched a medley of hot headphones. Their most recent is exclusively available in Canada through Future Shop, the DNA model headphones. I had the good fortune of unboxing both the over-ear and in-ear-style headphones recently.

Read more...

How to use your camera's ISO

by Blogger on ‎12-24-2012 07:51 AM

122412 - FS ISO Thumbnail.jpg

You've seen those three little letters on your camera - ISO. They can bail you out of a whole lot of dark situations (especially if you've got a camera made in the last year or two).

Read more...

About Tech Blog

MartinR - Editor-in-Chief
PaulH - Gaming Editor
gaming & movies
TeddyK - Cell and Computing Editor
cell, computers, gaming, photo & gadgets
Graham - Photo and Gadgets Editor
photography
Rajio
Computers, Audio & Home Theatre
ThePej
Appliances and Lifestyle
Elliott
Appliances, Gaming & Mobile
MikeYawney
home theatre, mobile, gaming, gadgets
gadjosevilla
Mobile, Appliances, Portable Audio
DigitalDan
Movies
Jason Thomson
Cameras & Photography
BradPajuluoma - guest blogger
Gaming
Leo Bond
Toys and Gadgets
AshleyMartyn
Musical Instruments
ErinLYYC
Home Theatre, Lifestyle
CoreyHerscu
Home Theatre and Mobile
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Labels
Users Online
Currently online: 15 members 1,359 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.